MCO Orlando Fullsize Hertz

ready.teddy
By ready.teddy,
in

I got this on the first try so maybe someone can save another dollar or so. I didn't expect it to hit though, being summer high season and not finding any deals using the rental company websites with coupons, discount codes, etc. Haven't used PRICELINE for a car for awhile but the rental websites are a lot higher than last year.

Previous comments regarding fees are true, PRICELINE has more profit built into the fees part of the transaction and HOTWIRE must get more from the base rate. Regardless, it is the bottom line that counts and considering that I scored pretty well. National and Alamo were around $350, Dollar with a discount code was $309, Hotwire was $233, and with priceline: all in for $206. Thanks to this forum for all the info and I always use the PRICELINE support link.

One more thing, although I am happy with the deal, I really wish I would have gotten National or Alamo. As some of you know they are located at the airport terminal and you can pick your car from the lineup so the chance of getting a POS is lower. My last experience with Hertz was in Vegas and they really screwed me with a very well used, smelly car and a bastard of a salesman who kept pushing insurance and fuel. Hope Orlando is a better situation. Anyone used Hertz there and have any comments?

Peace,

Ted

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got a nice deal on this rental and are happy with the results. Although business rentals are down, users have reported that fleet inventory is down as well, which is why we're not seeing car rentals as deeply discounted as hotel rooms... car rental companies dispose of many cars each year and it's easy for them to replace fewer of them; not so easy to do with a hotel room once the building has been built :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a good trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]