Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Celebration) Days Hotel Maingate West

IsleOfMan
By IsleOfMan,
in

Just got the Days Hotel Main Gate for $28/night, 2 rooms for 05/08/09 - 05/10/09. Amenities listed were exactly as listed in the "Hotwire Hotel List - Florida". I'm seeing fairly mixed reviews on this property which doesn't surprise me given the price. The user submitted pics on Trip Advisor make the rooms suggested updated furnishings, fixtures, and televisions but somewhat worn/dated carpet/paint. As long as things are sanitary then I'm sure we'll be perfectly happy given the price. We're heading down to do maternity photos of my wife at Magic Kingdom (annual pass holders, living in ATL) and needed accommodations to as cheap as possible (without going roach motel) since we're paying for a good friend to come along and play photographer.

Anyone have any first hand experience at this property? Thanks!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Amenities listed were exactly as listed in the "Hotwire Hotel List - Florida".
There are multiple amenity combinations reported for this property, can you please list the amenities that were associated with this hotel when you made your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please include the amenities in all of your posts as it serves as a historical record for if/when the amenities associated with a given property change (and then may revert back)

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Follow-up on this property... AVOID.

First, the minor issues that I would have overlooked given the price. The property is still being renovated. The rooms you would stay in are all complete but there are dumpsters in the parking lots, piles of plaster/old-furniture, and a general feel of work-in-progress. The rooms have been renovated, but it's very much "lipstick on a pig". The cherry cabinetry, black-granite counter-tops, fridges, and LCD tvs are nice, but there are other issues that need to be attended to. The carpet is tattered, toilets/tubs have cracks showing rust, there is mold on the bathroom ceiling, and there's a feel of grime that is odd for a room that shows an obvious recent renovation. Also, theres a $5/room/night resort fee that is not advertised anywhere (Hotwire site, Days Inn site, property site). I personally would not qualify any property with exterior access as a Hotel, but instead as a Motel. I also would not expect a Days Inn as a 3* property, though being a Better Bidding user I did know this going into the purchase... if I'd been surprised with it, I may have complained ahead of time.

Now, for the major issue I can not overlook... there was active prostitution occurring in the pack parking lot. We arrived late on a Saturday night (around 11pm, our last night at the property) and after I dropped my wife off at the entrance and went around back to park, I was propositioned while walking into the back entrance. I contacted the front desk clerk and he was indifferent. He said he would have the GM contact me in the morning, but I received no contact (not surprising for a Sunday). I left my contact info upon checkout but have yet to hear back from the property. Had it been a longer stay I would have changed properties at my own expense, but

So far Hotwire has opened an investigation and credited me $50 HotDollars. Does anyone feel this is sufficient given what seems to be an egregious criminal and public safety/health issue? I'm pushing for a refund (including the resort fee I paid to the property) to be credited to my credit card, but I would accept a credit in the same a mount to my Hotwire account. Does this seem out-of-line? Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]