Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (River North-NMA) Millenium Knickerbocker

Belli
By Belli,
in

Hi

I'm looking to book 2 rooms in Chicago (along Mag Mile, north river area) for 4th of July Weekend. Haven't seen any good deals yet. I would like to get a 4 or 4.5 star. How much would you suggest I bid?

Also, I found a 4.5 star on hotwire:( Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville) It has fitness, restaurant, business center, laundry, internet and spa. Any ideas what this could be? I was hoping for the Intercontinental but I don't think that has a spa.

Thanks!

We'd like to pay less than $90 a night, if possible.

We recently stayed at the Hyatt downtown-- thought it was a very average hotel. But if I could get it for $57 again, it's an option that I'd consider.

We will have 1 car with us for the weekend, so parking that is included would be a big plus. Is there any free parking on the streets during the weekend?

Thanks for your help!

What dates are you looking for exactly over that weekend and what would your budget be per night?

That amenity set for a 4.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville would be a match for what has previously been reported for the James.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

We will be staying Friday July3- Sunday July 5.

Unfortunately free parking and chicago are two things that generally do not go together.

I'd recommend this lot:

Keep in mind that the rates below have changed and are now somewhat higher - call for current rates.

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

I've never parked there (I don't drive, so...) but their weekend rates have lead them to be pretty popular.

I don't think $57 is going to be possible for the Hyatt in Summer, but if you do want to try for it, I'd recommend starting at $65 for a 4* bid in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area. You could possibly get something different, but that's where I'd recommend starting for a bid for a 4* in that zone.

If you are going to see the fireworks downtown, be prepared to deal with massive crowds.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases.

Which zone(s) are you willing to bid and what is the minimum star rating you're seeking? (if less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd like to stay near Michigan Ave--

So I'll bid in the Mag Street-Streeterville and North River Areas

Should I bid now or wait a little while to see if the prices drop?

I see that Hotel Monaco and Hotel Sax are both $119 including parking-- a nice deal. Does anyone have an opinion on which hotel is nicer?

BTW, how bad are the crowds in 4th of July? My sister and her fiance are coming out to visit to Chicago and we want to take them out for a nice weekend... but we'd like to save on the hotel and possibly buy some overpriced Cubs tickets for the 4th.

thanks for the tips!

Should I bid now or wait a little while to see if the prices drop?
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.
I see that Hotel Monaco and Hotel Sax are both $119 including parking-- a nice deal. Does anyone have an opinion on which hotel is nicer?
I can't say which is nicer (although both get very good reviews: Monaco and Sax, but as you'll only have one car i think the 'included' parking is only worth about $10-$20/nite in savings (depending upon whether you park at the hotel or the lot AaronJB posted above... which means that i f you can do better than $100-$110/nite on PRICELINE or hotwire it would be a bit cheaper than the above parking included 'deals'. (but with the deals above you have the ability to know the hotels beforehand)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Aaron,

I'm thinking about going for The Avenue Hotel-- a few people have recently gotten it for $57 a night via PRICELINE... Do you know of any parking lots near that hotel? The other lot sounds good but it would be far from this hotel, if I'm able to get it. The Avenue is really close to Northwestern/ the Apple Store.

thanks!

Above you mentioned a maximum bid of $90 so we'll suggest a strategy up to this amount...

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone4...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not updating this sooner!

I successively bid at $90 and was accepted for the Millenium Knickerbocker. I bid in the River North area and the Millenium Park areas along with the 3 free rebid zones until I got this. $90 turned out to be a great deal for such a nice hotel. The rooms are a little on the small side but they are very nicely furnished and in a GREAT location!! Thanks for your help with bidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]