LAX Los Angeles Standard Hertz

tigers
By tigers,
in

Rental Period:

June 20, 2009-June 29, 2009

I linked to PRICELINE from the BetterBidding web site.

Bid $18 for a Full size and was rejected. Rebid $19 for a Standard size and my price was accepted by Hertz.

Subtotal: 171.00

Tax & fees: 73.34

Total: 234.34

By comparison, Hotwire had a full size listed for a TOTAL of $316 (including taxes & fees). My best price on car rental sites was $610 (from Budget).

Reviewing the Better Bidding site was a BIG help in determining a reasonable bid. Thanks, BetterBidding. You guys are the best! I'm satisfied that i got a good price.

I couldn't believe how expensive rates were directly from the car rental sites. Of course, I only rent from Hertz, Avis, Budget, National, Alamo, or Dollar. Maybe there are better deals from others, but I've had bad experience renting from secondary rental companies.

My experience is, for the most part, standard size and full size cars are the same size, though a standard size may have 2 doors instead of 4.

If anyone has experience renting a STANDARD size from Hertz at LAX, please reply on the vehicle you got.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]