Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center South) NH Musica

crow
By crow,
in

A new hotel for the list: 4* NH Musica (City Center South)

Used BB link to go to PRICELINE.

4* Center $60 - counter offer $74

4* +South $62 - rejected, closed browser

4* Center +North $63 - rejected

4* Center + North + South $64 - won

Your Offer Price: US$64.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: US$192.00

Taxes and Service Fees: US$31.86

Total Charges: US$223.86

Little bit disappointed, since I wanted a room in the city center, and did not expect 4* hotel in City Center South.

Sorry to hear you received a property in a zone you didn't expect.

The proper way to determine what star ratings are available in each zone is explained in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Please read this thread and feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

I'm not that familiar with Amsterdam but the City Centre South zone doesn't look too far from the zone you wanted and hopefully there is good mass transit which would make this property work well well for your needs.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay and hope you can easily make this property work for your plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do not know this hotel or the area. But after reading this thread I did read some reviews. Virtually all of the english language reviews had one in common comment......"far from the center".

One stating that it was a 10 min walk and a 40 min ride. Hopefully that is an overstatement. And of course it depends where you will be going in the Centrum. You will be a lot closer to some areas of the centrum than others.

Unless this forum has a lot of Amsterdam locals posting here I'd go over to the Trip Advisor/ Amsterdam Forum. We have a number of well versed locals that post there. They can give you the best info as to how to get into town. How long it should take. Or what to do in the area you are in.

Trust me this question gets asked a lot. Someone at TA will be able to set you straight.

Good Luck

The proper way to determine what star ratings are available in each zone is explained in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Please read this thread and feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

I did check the list of priceline hotels in Amsterdam before bidding. And I do realize that the list could be incomplete and PL can add new partners any time. So I am not complaining. ;-)

In fact, I was planning to stay outside of A10 loop at first. One reason is that I will have a rental car and parking/driving in the city center is no fun. But after reading this forum and seeing some successful bids on center city hotels I've decided to try to get a hotel in the center.

I've checked hotel reviews immediately after winning and it seems alright. This hotel has onsite parking, which will save me some money. Also, I've read on TripAdviser that cab ride from city center to the hotel is just about 15 euros. After all, I am not that worried.

I did check the list of priceline hotels in Amsterdam before bidding. And I do realize that the list could be incomplete and PL can add new partners any time.

Correct, which is why it's not recommended to use the hotel list to determine your re-bid zones... the correct way is explained in the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link posted above.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have (or you can also use Re-Bidding.com to doublecheck your re-bid zones :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Little bit disappointed, since I wanted a room in the city center, and did not expect 4* hotel in City Center South.

In Amsterdam, use trams, not cabs.

If you're that disappointed, and noting that 15 EUR each way for cabs could work out to 30 EUR/day (or >US$40), you might consider using this hotel just for the free parking and instead bidding on another in the city. I've gotten 5* rooms for a subset of those same dates for $85, we're seeing reports of 4* in the low $60s.

-- Sam

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]