Priceline Hotel: OGG Car Rental - May 7 - May 14

cjcutts
By cjcutts,
in

Hi All,

Trying to find out how realisitic i can be with bidding my own price on Priceline for a car rental in Maui May 7-14 (pick up noon, drop off 6 PM).

Would like Intermiediate size - which best deal I see is $185 week (283 total). Hotwire has opague price of 25.95 per day for $267 total.

What should I expect to be able to bid on priceline and be accepted??? I want the best deal but dont want to waste time on prices that are ridiculous.

Also - not to throw a wrench into it but Alamo has a special for a convertable for ($199 week + $36 for extra day = 299.78 with taxes). can I use this price to reflect a bid on priceline?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

CC

Not sure if this helps, but last week I bid $23/day on Priceline for a convertible at OGG for 5/14-5/21 and it was accepted - at Alamo - with taxes, etc. it - with taxes and fees it's $260 (8 days)- thought it was an excellent deal.

I found a $25 off coupon for Alamo which put my total there at $271.63 for the convertable. Your accepted bid on Priceline is still a better deal, so my hat is off to you my friend.

Several months ago, the rental car companies on Maui sent a lot of their inventory back to the mainland. That meant an increase in prices as availability decreased. For a midsize, try starting at around $22 for a full size, then go for your midsize at 23 or 24. Actually, that convertible price is quite appealing to me since I'm going to Maui in June for a week. Aloha and good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]