Priceline Hotel: How to bid 4* Hotel in NYC

ptownjab
By ptownjab,
in

I've been here before and have been successful.

However, I forget how to bid on NYC hotels, to ensure I get a 4*. I remember that certain areas had to be added, but just forget. Can someone help?

Looking for a 4*, 5/23/09 - 5/25/09, undetermined price range, but will start the bidding at $100 and move up.

Thanks!

I'm a little unsure of your question. To insure getting a 4* hotel in New York City, all you have to do is check the 4* area. Priceline will only award you a 4* (or higher in the case of an upgrade).

Maybe you were thinking of free-rebids? A number of zones in NYC don't have hotels at or higher than 4*. So you can add those zones "freely" and continue to increase your bid in a 24 hour time period, knowing you won't (can't) get a hotel in those zones. Doing this allows you to make more bids in the same 24 hours.

Romelle

ptownjab

I'd want a 4*, but want to do the free rebids to ensure I'm around Time Square. Can you help with that? If I remember, there are 4 zones I can do this, right?

Please read this link to start with: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. It's very important that you know how to do this, or you can get a zone you don't want to stay in. Feel free to post your free zones and the board will comfirm them.

Yellowdog

Can someone help me...
Yes, we can help, but as mentioned above, you need to know how to determin your re-bid zones on your own to make sure that nothing has changed from the time we post and the time you try to bid... otherwise you can end up in an area you didn't intend.

At the 4* level in NYC you have FIVE re-bid zones available. Try to determine these yourself and confirm them with the board, if you've already read the above Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread and confused then post as such and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]