Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Marriott Rive Gauche

sterankin
By sterankin,
in

I tried a bid for 4* in Latin quarter of Paris, Oct 17th for 3 nights - I offered $80 a night. They came back with a counter offer of $145. Still too pricey for me!

What are my options now?

I have to change something to make a rebid, are there any zones which do not have a 4*? What should I up my bid to?

Thanks!

To see if there are any zones that do not have 4* Priceline offerings, all you have to do is be on PL and hit the button for that zone. Then look down below and see which zones get highlighted as biddable. I haven't looked there lately, but last time I looked there was only one zone available to be used as a free rebid. Check each zone individually.

It is important that people do this just before a bidding session as it can change at any moment.

You were right to not accept the counter offer. Just gradually work up though that range until you get a hit.

You have so much time until your trip. Sometimes hotels don't give inventory to PL until the very last minute. For now, if you want to keep bidding, do stay down at a comfortable level and see what happens. You can always go higher later.

The other thing you can change in a bidding session is your dates. Often that really isn't an option, but sometimes it is.

Romelle

I tried a bid for 4* in Latin quarter of Paris, Oct 17th for 3 nights - I offered $80 a night. They came back with a counter offer of $145. Still too pricey for me!

What are my options now?

I have to change something to make a rebid, are there any zones which do not have a 4*? What should I up my bid to?

Thanks!

<EDIT>

I added this zone (which has no 4* hotels)

Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique

and I also upped my bid to $95.

I received this message:

"Thank You for Naming Your Own Price

Yes, you have to start again when your 24 hours is up, assuming you can't change your dates. You used your free rebid for this time period.

Did you read that thread slick_gd mentioned? It was a good suggestion.

Romelle

I did indeed read the post. Thanks to you both.

I think I posted this in the wrong forum also :)

• 1 year later...

I ended up winning the 4* Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel And Conference Center. The price accepted was $125 per night.

Check-In Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 for 3 nights.

The hotel was very nice, but a little out from the centre - although a subway was nearby, but if you like to stay out late like we do you might have to taxi it back :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]