Priceline Hotel: bidding advice 28/5-1/6

nichay
By nichay,
in

Hi,

My sister and I are looking for a room for 28th may to 1st June in NYC.

Our budget is around $US 100, we can go a bit higher but this or even a little less would be ideal. We would prefer to stay in midtown west or times square area in a 3.5 or above.

I see that sheraton manhattan has recently gone for $96, something like this would be ideal.

If you could advise the best way to go about bidding that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board nichay!

In the Midtown West zone I am seeing a lot of recent 4* wins in the $110 range, which is just a little higher than what your budget is, and you're right, the 3.5* Sheraton in the Times Square area has actually quite a few recent wins around the $95-100 range.

So with that in mind, depending on availability on those dates, I think getting something close to your budgeted amount might be possible.

Have you used PRICELINE before and understand how the bidding process works? If not, I would suggest you read this thread Rebidding before 24 hours to get a feel for the process.

If you feel you have a good grasp of what is going on, post back and we'll try and suggest a good strategy for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]