Priceline Hotel: 2* Dunkirk Ramada Inn

deltachi8
By deltachi8,
in

I know, where is Dunkirk? About 40 miles Southwest of Buffalo, this is the closest PL Zone to SUNY College at Fredonia (next town). Have a formal to attend at the college that weekend at this hotel. Have bid a few times in this zone and this is always the hotel that hits for me (anywhere between $35 and $40). Bid $37 a few days ago and was presented a counteroffer to raise by $10, rejected it. Waited 4 days and re-bid at $39 and hit.

Your Offer Price: $39.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $78.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $15.43

Total Charges: $93.43

Ramada Inn And Conference Center Dunkirk

30 Lake Shore Drive East

Dunkirk, New York 14048

Its not a bad hotel, right on the lake. A definite 2* but beats the Days Inn across town (and saves a few bucks too!)

Glad you got the hotel you were looking for.

Although this town maybe not be a household name on the tip of everyone's tongue, i'm sure somebody down the road will be dropping their kid off at college and find your post (and additional datapoints) quite helpful.

Does the Days Inn also participate with Priceline (and if so, is it also a 2* rated property and obtained in the same $35-$40 range?)

Thanks again! (and enjoy the formal)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To my knowldge, the Days Inn does not participate in PL. Technically, the Days Inn falls in Freodnia (by about 200 yards) and Priceline only lists hotels in Dunkirk. When bidding Dunkirk, it list 1* and 2* options, the only hotle I have ever received at either star level is the Ramada (formerly a Four Points) in Dunkirk. Have won it about 5 times in the past few years.

Alos in Dunkirk is a Best Western and Comfort Inn. I have not seen or heard of either of these coming ip through priceline.

• 6 years later...

thereuare is indeed right that this post would be stumbled upon down the line. I'm looking to stay in the Clarion (which used to be the Ramada Inn) in Dunkirk on the night of 7/2/11 -- only 7+ years after this (ONLY) data point was created. If only there was some more updated information about other hotels that have been added to PL and recent winning bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]