Advice for LAX convertible 9/17-9/20

heinous
By heinous,
in

Hi! Need advice on how to bid on a convertible from LAX. It does have to be a convertible. My dates are 9/17-9/20. However, if a better price can be had for doing a weekly rental, then I can go from 9/17-9/22.

Any advice on how much I should bid? I could also pick up from somewhere else in LA, but "Suburban LA" covers a LOT of ground, and I don't want to drive 30 miles to pick up the car.

Thanks!

Keep in mind the deals with Priceline and Hotwire are not that great when compared to the hotel deals... often better deals can be had direct or three the 'consolidators'.

For example, for 9/17-9/20, Hotwire shows $64/day. I used our CAR RENTAL RATE CHECKER and found this is inline/close to most of what's out there.... but i also found $38/day at Advantage and $48/day thru Thrifty... both at Orbitz.

However, i also found thru this THRIFTY LINK a convertible for $38/day... and you can use code AU11 for 5% off. I think this will be your best deal.

If you still wanted to try Priceline you could take $5/day off the best daily rate and submit a bid... but keep in mind that you will pay a Priceline fee which will add about $2/day onto your 3 day rental, so be sure to account for that if you try to beat the $38/day (which is actually closer to $36 when you deduct the 5% code above... which i already checked is applicable to convertibles).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]