Priceline Hotel: Niagra Falls 5/17-5/18 looking for 4* under $100, possible?

Bugsmom
By Bugsmom,
in

This is the first I've ever tried to bid on priceline and I'd like to keep it under $100 for the night for a 4* because I'd like to get a fallsview hotel. Is this unrealistic for a Saturday night? I started at $50 and then using the "special technique" was able to bid a couple of more times and increased it to $65 and still nuthin:( Wondering if this just isn't possible? Help:)

Keep in mind that if you get a hotel with PRICELINE where there are rooms with fallsview and rooms that are not (in other words, fallsview is an "upgrade") you are not guaranteed a fallsview room and may have to pay the upgrade.

I am a little surprised that you have not gotten a bid accepted yet, as rates do not appear unusually high for this date - may just be a matter of hotels not releasing as much inventory or holding back on more deeply discounting rates (some hotel specials for this date in the area have 5/17 as a blackout date, so possibly something going on during those dates?)

HOTWIRE does have a 4* for $88 at Niagara Falls for this date. However, the best way to ensure a fallsview room is to book one conventionally.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

Keep in mind that if you get a hotel with PRICELINE where there are rooms with fallsview and rooms that are not (in other words, fallsview is an "upgrade") you are not guaranteed a fallsview room and may have to pay the upgrade.

I am a little surprised that you have not gotten a bid accepted yet, as rates do not appear unusually high for this date - may just be a matter of hotels not releasing as much inventory or holding back on more deeply discounting rates (some hotel specials for this date in the area have 5/17 as a blackout date, so possibly something going on during those dates?)

HOTWIRE does have a 4* for $88 at Niagara Falls for this date. However, the best way to ensure a fallsview room is to book one conventionally.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

Thanks, I just realized I put the wrong date in for what I was looking at! I'm actually looking at the night of 5/16 which is Saturday and that probably makes a difference?? I know that I am not guaranteed a fallsview room but I would like to be at one of those hotels is my hope with choosing a 4*. On Hotwire and PL they're still close to $200 for that night. I guess I'll try again tomorrow and see what I come up with lol.

• 1 month later...

I know this response is late, but just FYI, it's the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]