Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

santillan
By santillan,
in

Date: 22 July, (one night)

Hotwire price: USD 143.- Best Value

Amenities: Gym, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry facilities, High-speed Internet, Spa

Stars: 4.5

Could you help me identify which hotel this might be? I'd like to stay very close to North Michigan Ave.

Many thanks,

Santillan

• 1 month later...

Could you pls help ID this hotel?

4.5* MagMile Streeterville

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Price: 107 USD (total price 129.50)

Best Value

Trip Advisor: 4 out of 5 stars (reviewed in May 09)

Dates: 22 July, one night

Could this be the James Hotel? And if so, do you know it - any advice?

Thank you so much.

Santillan

I see three other threads (linked below) that you started but never concluded. Please respond in each of those threads with what you ultimately decided to do so we can close out those threads, then we will look into what this listing is.

Priceline Chicago First Time

Chicago Hotwire Hotel

Hotwire Chicago Streeterville

So sorry. I did't finally book with Priceline, I tried various times but my bids were rejected. I booked Hotwire last time (via this site) and got the Omni. I have always booked via this site.

I had been looking back in April again but have not yet booked for my upcoming trip in July this year. I was wondering whether the offer from Hotwire I asked yesterday was the James and, if so, what was your advice.

So sorry, once again, that I did not round up my previous queries. Should I have placed my latest question (from yesterday) as a follow up to my question back in April? If so, I will do so next time.

Thank you very much for your wonderful advice, always,

Santillan

I've merged your threads with the 'middle' Chicago thread above since this is for that same stay.

Please follow-up the first and third links provided above, indicating whatever you did end up doing for those stays (or if you cancelled your plans) or what not... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

When you bump this thread, what is it that you're looking from this stay? If $143/nite was within your budget, i'm surprised you didn't go for the first hotel asked above above back in April... The James gets excellent reviews.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have no idea how to 'bump' this thread -actually, I do not know what it means.

Back in April I was checking prices for Chicago and wasn't sure whether my stay would be one or two nights. I know now that it will be one night. However, a couple of days ago I saw a 4.5 stars for 107 USD in the Streeterville area, and wondered which hotel this might be since now I am ready to book.

As for the first and third links above, I am so sorry to have left them 'open'. One trip was cancelled and then in December I booked via Hotwire (from this site) and got the Omni.

Now I would like your advice, if possible, which hotel might be this 4.5 star. Thank you so much and so very sorry for not having followed it properly before. Will do so from now on.

Santillan

PS: What do those little yellow square boxes mean before the title of the question on the forum and how does one get them?

I have booked and I got the Intercontinental. I am very happy about it since I have stayed there before a few times and it's a rather lovely hotel.

Price: 106 USD (128,50 after taxes)

Restaurant, High-speed Internet, Business, Fitness Center

4.5*

Any advice for a typical breakfast place? There used to be an old diner around the corner but it's been pulled down. Also for dinner, any ideas? Will be on my own. I've already been a few times to the Lux Cafe (which is super nice) and Cheese Cake Factory (also love it -we have nothing like it in Amsterdam).

Thank you very much for all your help,

Santillan

What I always recommend is Fox and Obel Cafe and Market, which is on the corner of Illinois and McClurg. Walk outside the front door of the Intercontinental and walk South and turn on the first street going East, which should take you along the South side of the building. Keep heading East on the street and there will be a bend in the road. At the corner where the bend occurs, there should be a set of stairs leading to the street below. Once you reach the street below, that's the corner of Columbus and Illinois. Continue heading East towards the lake on Illinois and you will get to Illinois & McClurg - on the SE corner of that Intersection is Fox & Obel. They have a beautiful cafe and great gourmet market (fox-obel.com) That's a great place for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.

In terms of other dinner places, it depends on what kind of food you are interested in.

Thank you for reporting your win and please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start future purchases.

Thank you so much. I will try Fox and Obel for breakfast. There used to be a great old diner around the corner from the Intercontinental called Cambridge, and for me it was a great spectacle as well as a fab place for breakfast. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist any longer. I have subsequently tried Tempo, which is also sort of OK, but Cambridge was fabulous.

Any other advice for dinner would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Santillan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]