Priceline Hotel: New Orleans Jul 4th wknd 4nights at 4star hotel

nohotmess
By nohotmess,
in

Hi, just looking for any input on how to bid for a 4star hotel on July 4th weekend for 4nights? Any ideas as to how much a starting bid should be???? We want to definitely stay downtown or French quarter but would take a 3 and half star if the price gets to high for 4 star. We were hoping to spend about $100/night.

I took a quick look at Expedia to get an idea of availability in New Orleans for that weekend, and I have to say, it doesn't look good. Many of the hotels are already sold out and the few remaining hotels are priced well above the usual rates.

The Thursday night seems to have fairly decent availability, but Friday - Monday has very little.

Based on this, I'm not so sure you are going to be very successful with PRICELINE, but it's definitely worth giving it a shot. It may be a good idea to try and split your stay to possibly increase your chances in getting a hotel. Read this thread for some more info Should I Split My Bid and Splitting Bid and Other Thoughts.

Taking a quick look at HOTWIRE, there is a 4* in the French Quarter being offered for $159 for your dates which looks like the Astor Crowne Plaza. There is a 3* being offered for $149.

Usually, you can get a better rate through PRICELINE but it's good to check HOTWIRE to get a gauge on what types of discounts the hotels are offering. I think $100 for a 4* may be a little too optimistic for this weekend, even for lower rater hotels.

Would you be willing to split your bid?

Would you consider a lower rated hotel?

What is your absolute maximum bid?

A good thing, is that since there are 5 (at last count) re-bid zones for a 4*, you have plenty of re-bidding opportunities to nail down a price.

slick_gd said it well. $100 for a 4* is going to be optimistic with rates as they are right now, although I think it's worth trying (while it's optimistic, if you try and it isn't accepted, at least you can say you tried.) If $100 isn't accepted for a 4*, I'd try 3.5*. If you were accepted for $100 at a 3.5* for this particular set of dates, it would still stand as a good deal, given how busy this weekend apparently is in NOL.

I don't know about 4th of July in NOL, but I have to imagine it's a pretty popular destination for the festivities.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

We tried $120 for a 4star in French Quarter or downtown July 2-6 (4 nights). It was rejected. We are able to split the bids. Don't mind changing hotels. We prefer a 4* but will settle for 3 and half* if prices get too high. We definitely have to be in French quarter or downtown. Should we split Thurs / Fri-Sat-Sun or...... Thurs-Fri/ Sat-Sun? We will be sure to use BB link! :)

We tried bidding for Sat/Sun 4* Downtown & French Quarter at $140 -rejected. Tried bidding Fr/Sat/Sun same info $160- rejected but they offered a list of hotels with prices and we took the Omni Royal Gardens at $163/ night Fri/ Sat/ Sun July 3,4,5. Bid $50 for the Thurs, JUly 2nd 4*. French Quarter or dwntown - accepted. We did use to BB link. Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]