Priceline Hotel: Need help with Resort in Ft. Lauderdale

nyfirefly11
By nyfirefly11,
in

I'd like to get a resort in the Ft. Lauderdale area for as low as possible. I know the Marriott seems to come up in the Beach area, and in the past, the Westin has come up in the Hollywood area (the last win was 3/31). However, when I check the Hollywood area, the resort button is not available. The only resort area now seems to be Beach area. Do you think the Westin has been taken down?

I'm looking at 5/13-5/15, but I checked random dates as well, and still no resort in the Hollywood area.

EDIT: In looking at the regular Priceline search, it looks like the Westin is a 4* and not a Resort. So I wonder if they downgraded it. (That would be unfortunate as the other 4* is the Crowne Plaza which I don't particularly want to stay at).

Thx!

Hello nyfirefly11!

I took a look at this. And yes, they have downgraded the Westin to 4* and the Resort option is gone for the moment. I have had my thoughts about this zone since I belive there is a new 4* also. I'm going simular dates to you so I have looked really close at this zone.

So don't go with PRICELINE if you don't accept the Crown Plaza(nice hotel but not on the beach) or any other unknown hotel. Have you looked at HOTWIRE?

Yellowdog.

Yellowdog,

i took a look at HOTWIRE, and it looks like there's a 4* resort up for $132..but I'm pretty sure the amenities match both the Westin and the Crown Plaza...so looks like I should stay away from that as well.

I may try for the Marriott resort in the Beach area, but not sure how cheap I can get it for. Was also looking at the Westin/Hyatt in Coral Gables, but they're not on the beach.

• 3 weeks later...

What a shame. The Westin is my favorite hotel in South Florida. This resort option was a sure lock for this hotel. I'm totally lost at words right now. On top of this disappointing news SPG also raised the redemption award level. SPG strategy worked. looks like I'm going to be paying full fare next time.

• 3 months later...
Because I couldn't guarantee the Westin, I ended up going for the W Ft. Lauderdale - I was able to get a discount through a friend. If it ever comes up on either site, go for it - highly recommended and really nice.

So are we sure that the only Resort level hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area is Marriott?

So are we sure that the only Resort level hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area is Marriott?
I don't think anyone ever said it was :)

It is the only Resort class hotel reported to the board in this zone, but there is no way to know if there are other Resort class properties (not yet reported to the board) that are out there waiting to be won.

As per your previous Florida Thread it appears you're looking for guarantees in an opaque environment and it just doesn't work that way. There is always going to be some level of 'unknown' (as that is the reason for the deeply discounted rate) and eventually you'll need to take a leap of faith that PRICELINE's star rating are 'in the right ballpark' and give it a try. HOTWIRE may be an other option for you since at least then you can take an edcuated guess as to the property you may likely receive before your purchase, and if you can find an offering which shows a Tripadvisor rating, you can have the 'safety' of knowing that the property you'll be receiving is favorbly reviewed by previous guests.

If/when you'd like to move forward please continue your existing Priceline Hotel thread.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]