Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hard Rock Hotel

saldridge
By saldridge,
in

I am looking at a 3* and up in Chicago for the dates 5/1 to 5/6 in the Streeterville/Mag Mile area and it seems that the prices are quite high ($117 currently). I usually book less in advance and I am wondering if this has something to do with it?

Should I wait longer or will it get more expensive? Or is there any reason why those dates are not available under $100?

Thanks

Susanne

PS: Please advise if this is the wrong category or generally out of place

Keep in mind that prices are date-specific. While people are getting similar hotels for less for April dates, prices do get higher in May as it gets more into Spring. Additionally, there may be a convention going on during these dates.

Additionally, while I see a 3* for $117, I also see a 4* for these dates for $119 in the Mag Mile area for only $2 more. I see a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with the amenities boutique, fitness, business, restaurant, internet. This would be a match for what's previously been reported for the Monaco. If this is the Monaco, that would be one of the nicest 4* properties in the city.

You could also bid on PRICELINE, as well.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases, and let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Aaron,

thanks a lot for your quick reply! Yeah, it may just be these dates, I didn't see a convention listed but I may not have looked properly.

Additionally, while I see a 3* for $117, I also see a 4* for these dates for $119 in the Mag Mile area for only $2 more. I see a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with the amenities boutique, fitness, business, restaurant, internet. This would be a match for what's previously been reported for the Monaco. If this is the Monaco, that would be one of the nicest 4* properties in the city.

I don't see anything for $119, I am searching "Fri, May 1 to Wed, May 6 - 1 room, 5 nights, 2 adults " and in Mag Mile I get $117, $123 and $129 - seems like you $119 is now at $129. I was really hoping for a sub-$100 hotel.

I have never used Priceline - well, once for a flight to Europe where I screwed myself over not realizing that I arrive the day after leaving and we had to rush from the airport to the wedding which was quite a long day - my fault entirely but that's the extend of my Priceline experience. I will check out the guide here and see if I can bid on something on Priceline - any recommendation?

Thanks

Susanne

I'll add to the above that when bidding 4* in Chicago you have FOUR re-bid zones.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and you're strongly encouraged to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before using them to bid in order to make sure you don't end up in an area you didn't intend.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still searching around and this one has just snuck up on me when I included the Loop into my search. Right now it shows $99 for

Fri, May 1, 2009 to Wed, May 6, 2009.

At the time of the last post, this hadn't been identified and I didn't see anything new about this, but I thought I wouldn't hurt to ask. Has anyone heard anything as to what this is?

Thanks

Susanne

I played around a little with Priceline now, but I am up to $85 and no one bit. I don't really like the zoning in Priceline, I am attending a show at the Hotel 71 but just for one day so it isn't incentive enough to stay there (considering the $114/$117 could be "it").

I am still trying to stay under $100.

Now, if I include the Loop (as Priceline would), I just found the 3.5* Fitness/Internet only hotel that hadn't been identified and I was wondering if there is any news about that

I am not that much in a rush and if worst comes to worst, I can actually make the show a day trip from Michigan - though I was hoping for a nice extended weekend in Chicago :-)

If my mumble up there doesn't make any sense, don't worry - happens to me all the time!

My guess on the 3.5 fitness/internet is that it may be the Silversmith, but that would be just a guess. I'd rather try to stay North of the river, personally. Hotel 71 is right on the river. There's really not much going on in the Loop at night if you plan to be out.

Huh - why is that?

I just replied in the other thread, it was not my thread and it was pretty much unrelated. If you check you can see that they were started a week apart and by different people. I just brought that thread back up to see if the original poster had some more information or if anyone else had since he was inquiring about a previously unknown property.

I recommend the split the topics again because right now it is highly confusing for everyone trying to read them - I actually didn't find it at first since I was looking for myself as the topic starter - which I no longer am.

Hey, I am all for a clean forum (I am modding a couple myself) and you are doing a good job - this was just a little much :-)

I just replied in the other thread, it was not my thread and it was pretty much unrelated.
You're right... my bad. Not sure why i did it or what i was thinking at the time (maybe it was the 1:30am hour) but i've separated your posts to their own thread.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sorry 'bout that :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

saldridge, I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $107, which may be a match for the Sheraton, Hard Rock or Westin River North - any which way, all three are within very reasonable walking distance of Hotel 71 (especially the HR, which is a block away.) I'd put the Sheraton and Westin at a 4-6 minute walk from Hotel 71.

LOL - I just came back to ask about that!!!

Man, you guys are good :-)

4* Hotel, amenities are:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

And the hotels you list would be wonderful! Proximity to the 71 is a plus but it is just a 1 day event and we'll be there 5 nights, so a 4* would be so nice! Last time we got the Drake through Hotwire (that was before I knew about this wonderful place) and while it was a nice hotel, it was a little far off the affordable places :-)

I'll have to think for an hour or so, it still isn't below $100, but $35 shouldn't be a deal breaker...

/me must consult with financial advisor...

Well, I think the issue that I had with the previous hotel in question - the 3.5* loop - is that that area is going to be fairly quiet at night. At least with the three possibilities in question that the 4* Mag Mile/Streeterville hotel could be (Hard Rock, Sheraton, Westin River North), you're close to Hotel 71 and all three of those hotels are very centrally located near (or literally on, in the case of the Sheraton and Westin) the river - Mag Mile to the North of the river, Loop to the South.

Yeah, I didn't want quiet either - and I won't - cause I got the Hard Rock Cafe Hotel!!!!

I did change the dates, since I really couldn't do over $600. We'll go Saturday to Wednesday now. It is $111 for that time but the overall is $510 or so.

I am so happy - thanks a million, I'll update the topic of this thread

Thanks for creating such a great place for the bargain shopper. At the same time, I am kicking my ass, because I clicked on the email link and not on your forum link :-(

I am so sorry, is there any way I can contact Hotwire to get you the credit you deserve? I was just too excited ...

Thank you for reporting your win - glad to hear that you are pleased with the results. Certainly a terrific deal; I'm seeing $259 as the lowest rate for the hotel for these dates (with taxes, for 4 days that would be $1,216 and change - more than double what you paid.)

Additionally, you couldn't be any closer to Hotel 71, which is just a block away. While only a one-day thing, it'll be nice to be able to not have to worry about getting there on time, since the hotels are only a block apart.

I don't think there's any way for the site to get a credit if a link isn't followed, but just please remember to follow the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links next time around. :)

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks. :)

I think it's a matter of you know what you have an interest in. If I have an interest in hotels, the information sticks. Things I'm not interested in and have to remember tend to not "stick" as well. :)

Additionally, when I lived in the city (which, thankfully I don't anymore - Chicago's a great place to visit, but I didn't like living downtown after a while), I visited a lot of hotels because it was nice to get away from the apartment and it was an easy walk to any of the downtown hotels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]