Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Orlando (Disney Main Gate-Celebration) Omni Champtionsgate

dszklarek
By dszklarek,
in

I want to stay in Disney on 4/13 to 4/20. Am a little confused on what type of hotel to choose- resort or 4*. I want to stay at the Omni, Gaylord Palms, or the Hyatt. Any help in the process for bidding would be great. I saw another guy say he added zones without resorts, but I have read a bunch and am still confused. Thanks, David

Could I have help with this one travel 4-11 to 4-20.

4-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area

This hotel features the following amenities:

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

High-speed Internet Access

Condo

If you look at the list of Orlando -WDW hotels in first post on this Florida area, you will see the all the hotels you mention are classed as Resort, so I'm assuming you will want to choose resort type when bidding?

You might also want to read through the Questions and Suggestions area at the very beginning of this site. When bidding, you ONLY get to choose hotel type (Resort, 4*, 3*, etc.). Within that type, you won't know which hotel you get from Priceline until you actually win the bid.

Romelle

I see the list now, thank you for taking the time. Now that I see them, do you know how the guy earlier was abe to "add more areas where there were no resorts" in order to get the Omni? I would have now problem with any of the ones I listed, but I am trying to avoid the Marriott and Hilton.

Could I have help with this one travel 4-11 to 4-20.

4-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area

This hotel features the following amenities:

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

Condo

While not guaranteed, this looks like a potential match for the Mona Lisa Suites.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase.

dszklarek

take it easy and don't start bidding on PRICELINE if you trying to avoid some hotels. You must be willing to accept any of the hotels in the zone you're bidding at, inc the Hilton.

The best option for you is to go with HOTWIRE for the moment. With some luck can i help you to single out Omni or Gaylord Palms or the Hyatt on HOTWIRE. But I need to know how many rooms you need and how big your party is.

Yellowdog.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. While this area is used to families and therefore has more two bedded rooms than many others, it's still a risk that you could receive a hotel with only one bed and the hotel unable, or unwillling, to change your room to one which has two beds (or may charge an additional fee to do so).

With HOTWIRE you can search for up to quad occupancy, but you're asked the number of adults (18+) and children (2-17) so even though you'll technically be five, if you search for 2adults/2children you'd still within their terms since the infant is under age two. This would be a safer way to play it, and you can take a guess as to the hotel you may receive, but it usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

PS- please read your messages

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

dszklarek

I have now done some work on your stay.

The 4* hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area with a TA rating at 4.5/5 with 320 reviws is amatch for Omni.

With following amenities.

Resort

Fitness Center

pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf

Tennis

Spa

I did 2 searches with your "bedding issue" in mind.

Beds for 3 adults comes to $144/night.

Beds for 2 adults + 1 child comes to $115/night

have in mind that rates can be +/- a few dollars when you search.

This was the maximum people i could search at before i got a diffrent hotel. So you will get some type of extra bed or 2 regular beds on the above searches. The Hyatt don't appear since it looks like the Hilton is cheap for your dates.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you decide to book the hotel.

yellowdog.

I must be some kind of dumb. I am on the hotmail link orlando and there are there are 3 hotels, one at airport, one in sea world, and a condo in seaworld. Nothing in Disney main gate. Sorry I have been such a hassle. I might just call the Hyatt and see what I can do by phone.

I used 2 adults and 2 children because the 3rd is under 3.

You can't do that, see my information i posted to you.

I did 2 searches with your "bedding issue" in mind.

Search/beds for 3 adults comes to $144/night.

Search/beds for 2 adults + 1 child comes to $115/night

Search the combination above.

How about this one, is this the hyatt

4-star hotel in Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney

resort

fitness center

pool(s)

resturants

high speed internet access

No, I belive this is the Hilton.

We are thinking of staying the 11th to the 20th. We have 2 adults, two kids and one infant, so one room. I had heard the Hyatt had the best pool and the Omni or Palms were both great as well. Thanks, David

I've stayed at all 3. The best pools are:

1. The Omni - has a great waterslide and a lazy river. You can't beat the lazy river! Also has a separate adult pool which is really nice. More upscale with no kids. You can't beat The Omni, IMO.

2. The Hyatt - Hotel is by far the weakest of the 3. The pool is pretty fun. They have BY FAR the best bang for your resort fee. You get free bike and canoe rentals, free 9 hole pitch n' putt golf. It's awesome.

3. Gaylord Palms - The Palms is the best hotel of the bunch, by a mile, but the pool is terrible. If you're traveling with kids, it will be a disappointment for them (compared to the other two pools).

Just my .02

All three resorts are great!

• 9 months later...

I ended up at the Omni through Priceline for $89. We were two adults and two kids and had no problems at all. Little tight when eating and sleeping but with small kids and very limited time in the room, it was fine. The hotel was spectacular- loved the par 3 golf course, lazy river, great pool with slide. Everything about it was great and would highly recommend it to anyone. Wish we had a babysitter with us as the golf courses looked great right there out the window. Maybe next time. Thanks for all the help.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads once you make a purchase or decision for the stay so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]