Priceline Hotel: Maui

lalocal
By lalocal,
in

I need some serious help please, My parents, fiance and I and our 4 kids are looking into going to hawaii for our summer vacation, this will be a first for all of us.

I have heard so many great things about staying in Maui, specifically the Grand Wailea resort or the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui as I hear they are both probably the most kid friendly. We have a 14, 13, 8 and 7 year old all boys. I really want us to have a memorable experience but looking at some of the prices for the villas or 2 bedrood suites really makes me wonder if this is the best option. I looked at the Fairmont through Priceline and for a 6 night stay on a 2 bedrood vella with ocean view, we are talking $2000 per night. Is this something that I can bid on for maybe 40-50% off that price? How do I make sure I am getting a villa when I bid through Priceline or Hotwire? and which of the two would be better for what I want? After joining this board, I don't think I will ever pay full rack or listed prices for hotels. So I want to get the best deal possible but not sacrifice the resort experince. Any suggestions on to best approach this situation?

Our target dates are 8/14/09-8/20/09, so a 6 night stays unless you suggest less nights or one more would give me better pricing.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I am going cragzy trying to plan ahead, by the way, I don't air tickets yet, so would a vacation package be idea?

Thank you in adance for your help!!!! :)

BTW - With all those people, I would seriously consider renting a condo or two. There are lots of condos that would offer a "resort" experience. You could be on the beach and have lots of amenities, but not have to pay the big $$$. I would check HomeAway, VRBO or local Maui vacation rental agencies. I also looked at HOTWIRE. Lots of condos at reasonable prices - even this early - but a 1B seems to be the largest there. Not quite as practical.

BTW - With all those people, I would seriously consider renting a condo or two. There are lots of condos that would offer a "resort" experience. You could be on the beach and have lots of amenities, but not have to pay the big $$$. I would check HomeAway, VRBO or local Maui vacation rental agencies. I also looked at HOTWIRE. Lots of condos at reasonable prices - even this early - but a 1B seems to be the largest there. Not quite as practical.

I am currently bidding on priceline, but I was also considering a vacation rental or something as well. Do you have anymore sites you might recommend. I am now checking out Homeaway, looks like a promising site.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]