Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

joey2
By joey2,
in

Hi

Im new to this. Have been reading through the posts and have a good idea how everything works but

would like some help just in case i do it wrong.

I would like to stay at a resort for a budget of $130.

Is this possible?

Any area is fine.

Should I wait a little longer before I start bidding?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Why wouuld you want to wait before bidding... are you plans firm? For more info regarding "when to bid" see the related links in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I'm not so sure $130 will be enough for a Resort class property for these summer dates, but let us know once you're ready to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy to give it a try.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no reason why I should delay bidding. No my plans are not firm due to Waikiki.

Your plans not being firm is a reason not to bid yet.

I think you need to prioritize what your largest and most variable expense is, target/confirm that first, then confirm/target the next largest/variable expense, etc, etc. (since this stay is dependent upon Waikiki coming thru, sounds like that is your first priority, so i would try to tackle that one first)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the Resort level you have TWO re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Wailea...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Kanaapali...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea and Kanaapali...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

I'd start with the above. If rejected try again in 24 hours and increase each bid by $10 which will bring you to your $130 maximum. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (NOTE: if you're rejected with the above and need to try again in 24 hours, please return here and click our PRICELINE link to resume your bidding... NOT any link in an email priceline sends letting your know your eligible to bid again)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

All bids rejected.

Used the PRICELINE link.

Had my wife try to bid too.

Looks like Maui is imune to the economic downturn.

Should I book my flights now and keep bidding every week hoping prices will go down.I can also drop a star level closer to the date if I my future bids fail.

Iv havent seen any wins for my dates so is there a chance that priceline wont release rooms till later??

Or is it that my bid is to low. Do you think my $130 max is close to a winning bid, I could increase it by a few bucks but thats about it since Maui resorts will probably charge a $20 resort fee right ???

Thanks Thereuare

joey2

thereuare is gone untill next Thursday. I don't know anything about Hawaii. If you don't get help from any other member with your stay so bump this thread end of next week.

Does anyone know if there are other airlines besides Hawaiian, go and Island air for interisland travel?

Can't you search on Expedia or Orbitz to see what results you get? Or you have done this? Like i said, I don't know anything about Hawaii.

Yellowdog.

Does anyone know if there are other airlines besides Hawaiian, go and Island air for interisland travel?

Hawaiin seems to be the best way to go I think. They usually have the cheapest rates of all the airlines. Most of the time you can get a one way flight for about $39 through their website.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]