Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Renaissance Washington

crikey
By crikey,
in

DC is one of those cities where rates are often either cheap or expensive... there is seldom a middle ground.

There's almost always something going on in the city, either related to a protest, rally, or something gonvernental which bring all the politicos into town... rather than "is there somthing going on in the city" it's usually more so "how big is the event and is it enough to drive up hotel prices". While it's often difficult to find the exact reason for high demand dates, it's often not so hard to quickly know if something big is happening in the city or not.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually have a relative that can get us reasonable rates at Starwood Hotels BUT the dates don't work for us. We're short by 2 days. But, the rate is $90/night for a 4* hotel + about $30 for parking. I was hoping to get something cheaper by going to a 3*.

I prefer to stay within walking distance of the sights, but I will look into other locations if isn't too far. Thanks.

Which are the two nites you can get a deal at a Starwood property?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (although i'm guessing it's likely that the two nites you can't get at the Starwood property are the more expensive/high demand nites of this stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The reservation at Starwood is actually my last resort and I actually have to shorten it by a night. I think I'm only going to need one night but really prefer it to be at one property. Anyway, I'll try my luck again and see if I can do better. Thanks for your help and feedback. I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried today, after a brief hiatus and got the following for $77/night for 6/3/2009 to 6/6/2009:

Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel

999 9th Street Nw

Washington, District Of Columbia 20001

202-898-9000

Initial bid was $60 for a 3.5* hotel and Priceline advised $77. So, I used $77. I might have gotten it lower, but I felt $77 was fair. Priceline upgrade to a 4*. I'm pleased that it is really close to the Smithsonian which was where we really planned on going. I used the PRICELINE links here. Thanks.

BTW, parking is $25/day

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were patient and PRICELINE came thru for you with a very nice deal for a downtown DC hotel. Nice to see you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]