Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (Deerfield) Hyatt Deerfield

LindaS
By LindaS,
in

I would like to stay at a 4 star in Northbrook or a 3.5 star in Deerfield 4/3 - 4/7. Can give me recommendations on what to bid and what hotel I will get. In Northbrook I would like to stay at the Rennisance and in Deerfield at the Hyatt or Embassy Suites. The cheaper the better. Should I use hotwire or priceline.

If do a search in Hotwire, there is a 4* coming up in Northbrook for your dates for $77, which is likely the Renaissance (amenities are Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center & High Speed Internet.) You could bid less for a 4* on Priceline in the "North Shore" zone and I am relatively confident you would still end up with the Renaissance.

As for wanting either the Hyatt or the Embassy Suites, I've never seen the latter come up on Priceline for 3.5* in Deerfield OR seen it on the Hotwire hotel list. More often than not, the Hyatt is won; once in a while the Marriott Suites comes up. I have won both and like either of them. So I think of Deerfield as a "safe zone" for a 3.5* bid; thus I've never looked for something comparable on Hotwire. But the 3.5* that comes up on Hotwire for $62 on your dates COULD be a match for the Hyatt (amenities are Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet & Golf Nearby.) It's showing on the pinned Hotwire list on this site with those amenities PLUS tennis.

Keep in mind on Hotwire you want the Northbrook zone whether you choose 3.5* or 4*. On Priceline you want North Shore zone for 4*, Deerfield zone for 3.5*. Personally, I'd take my chances with Priceline for less money. Whatever you do, please remember to use the Better Bidding links for Priceline and Hotwire.

Linda -- what would your best guess be for a price on Priceline for North Shore 4* and also on Priceline for a 3.5* for Deerfield. I did the Calendar of wins and could not find anything for either one. I did see another Hyatt in another suburb (maybe Schamburg or Arlington Heights) for a 3.5* between 42 and 45. Linda S

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]