Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott

lmogie
By lmogie,
in

Hi

I booked a cruise last night last minute out of New Orleans. I need a hotel from for 1 night Wednesday April 8th. Does anyone have a good bidding strategy for Priceline 3* star or higher probably by the airport as my flight does not get in until 12:30 a.m.

Also can any one identify this Hotwire property:

Airport Zone

3*

Non smoking

Fitness

Pool

Resturants

Business Center

High Speed Internet

$61

Also how far is the airport from the cruise ship terminal? If far would I be better off in the French Quarter for the night?

If you go to BackUpBooking.com and enter "Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans" (without the quotes) you'll see the location of the cruise port... the closest zone(s) are the Convention Center and the French Quarter, so it comes down to whether you want to have a short trip to the hotel after landing and a longer trip to the cruise ship terminal in the morning OR if you want a longer trip after landing and be very close to the cruise terminal in the morning.

Let us know your preference and we'll then suggest a PRICELINE strategy for you to follow and/or look at HOTWIRE hotels in the zone you prefer.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow you are the best! I think the French Quarter will be fun and a good choice if I can walk around there in the am before heading to the port. Or my friends are staying at Embassy Suites downtown area and that is showing $89 for the night and would be close to them, but not necessary if I can get closer to see some sights that next morning.

I appreciate your help with what to bid either convention area or french quarter. Thank you!!

Sorry, one more question...

What is the minimum star rating your willing to accept? If less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated htoel? In other words, do you want to bid up tyour limit for a higher rated hotel before lowering your star rating and trying again OR are you looking for the least expensive property at the minimum star rating you select?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

3.5* is lowest as it seems most Priceline winning hotels that are 3.5* 4* hotels are not going for much more than $100 that night on their web sites. Being I get in so late I wont be doing much that night so dont want to spend a lot, but want convenience and opportunity the next a.m. if possible. For example Omni Royal Orleans is $99 and you can get a full breakfast for $1.00 on their web site.

Hope this helps.

It's not clear from your post above...

Is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or higher hotel in one of these two zones OR are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel? I'm assuming the former, but please confirm so we can suggest a strategy for what you want to do.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]