Hotwire Hotel: occupancy question

karenyan
By karenyan,
in

I have searched for an answer to this but cannot find anything.

We are trying to get 2 rooms at the Double Tree Chelsea in NYC because of the wonderful rate. Because there are 6 adults we will need 2 rooms, each with 2 double beds.

When I put in 2 rooms, 4 persons, it comes up with good rates ($103 or a little more per room).

However, now I am thinking that maybe I should put in 6 people as they may assume I want 4 person total for 2 rooms, and then only give us a room each with one bed. Before I was putting in 4 persons meaning 4 in each room.

But when I put in 6 or 8 people (to ensure 2 beds)), the price of the hotel goes way up (over $200).

So is my only option to make 2 bookings & book these rooms separately in order to ensure 2 beds in each room?

Thank you. Karen

Hello karenyan!

I would like to start with to say that I don't know the Double Tree Chelsea hotel and the bed configurations for the rooms. My answer is for the general HOTWIRE rules

When I put in 2 rooms, 4 persons, it comes up with good rates ($103 or a little more per room).
This could mean one that you only will get one bed. Are you willing to take the chance?
now I am thinking that maybe I should put in 6 people as they may assume I want 4 person total for 2 rooms, and then only give us a room each with one bed
I you book for 6 people won't the hotel asume that your party is 4 people. You will get 2 rooms that sleeps 3 people/each. But a room for for 3 people could mean 1 bed + 1 pull-out couch or roll-away bed
But when I put in 6 or 8 people (to ensure 2 beds))
a room for for 3 people could mean 1 bed + 1 pull-out couch or roll-away bed
So is my only option to make 2 bookings & book these rooms separately in order to ensure 2 beds in each room?
No, the best option is to book 2 rooms with 4 adults/room.

--------------------

Now, like I said. I don't know the Double Tree Chelsea. So maybe someone can shine some light over the rooms?

You can also call the hotel and ask what kind of rooms they have and how they handle 4 people in one room. also post your dates for the stay, maybe someone got a better option/suggestion for you

Please use the boards HOTWIRE link for your bookings.

YellowDog.

Thank you Yellow Dog, but I'm still confused. If I do 1 transaction, booking 2 rooms & putting in "4" people, they may assume 2 people to each room, and I'll get one bed each room.

When I put in 2 rooms, 8 people, the price goes way up. So I guess to get a good price, I would have to make 2 separarte reservations, 1 room, 4 people, and then make that same reservation again.

As for a fold-out couch, that would be fine. At the price they are offering, it's a really good deal.

Karen

The number of adults you include on your search is the total number of adults for all rooms (which is why the dropdown menu goes as high as 24... obviously you couldn't have 24 people per room)

What are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]