Hotwire Hotel: Sheraton in Toronto disappeared?

Mej5
By Mej5,
in

4 days ago, I checked Hotwire for a 4* in Toronto, for April 1 - 4, and saw what matched the Sheraton Toronto.

Since then, no matching Sheraton options are showing up on the same search! I've checked over the past couple of days. It almost looks like Sheraton Toronto did not release any rooms to HOTWIRE, and took rooms back from them.

Instead, I see what looks to be the Toronto Hilton property "replacing" the Sheraton.

Any one ever experience such a thing? And any good chance that the Sheraton Toronto will show up before April 1st?

PS: Sheraton Toronto's website shows availability for these dates.

Hi --

As I understand it, Hotwire only lists one hotel for each star rating and the hotel that gets listed is the one offering the lowest nightly rate.

So it may be that the Hilton is offering rooms at a lower price, so it gets listed. Or it could be that the Sheraton has no rooms left to offer.

I don't think anyone would be able to tell you whether or not it would appear again. Based on personal experience I've seen hotels disappear for days or weeks and then reappear.

That being said, I recently read on this board that if you increase the number of people in each room (to 3 people instead of 2) you sometimes get different choices -- but these may be at a higher cost due to the extra person.

What I would be interested in knowing is if you do up the number of people in the room, do hotels check on that? I would assume not but one never knows....

AL

Mej5

See al-canada's answer. And follow the advice to search for diffrent combos like 3 adults, 2 adults + 1 child etc. And see what happens.

PS: Sheraton Toronto's website shows availability for these dates.

One senario could be that Hilton has loaded lower rates for 2 adults to the HOTWIRE booking system or maybe Sheraton now have a "positive" booking ratio so they have increased the HOTWIRE rate and Hilton got cheaper in the system.

al-canada

What I would be interested in knowing is if you do up the number of people in the room, do hotels check on that? I would assume not but one never knows....
I have done this several times to get the hotel I want. I have never been asked. If they ask (not likley), just say that the rest of the party will join later.

YellowDog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]