KOA Kona Economy Hertz

merlin666
By merlin666,
in

Generally "yes", but as all credit cards are different and have different policies, you should check with your card issuer to make sure the coverage will still apply.

Thanks, I have an MBNA Platinum card and they actually require that the rental be made directly through the rental agency. So in my case, I saved $20 by bidding on priceline for a 2-day rental, but if I get added insurance through my car insurer, this will be an additional $50, so priceline buyer beware.

My follow-up question is: what is the most affordable (and trustworthy) way to get required insurance for a priceline car rental in US (I am Canadian resident though).

I would call your credit card company again and ask again as that info may be true, but doesn't sound right (although could be a difference between US vs. Canadian credit cards)

is the most affordable (and trustworthy) way to get required insurance for a priceline car rental in US
See Our Rules and Policies:
If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

Please add the details of your win to this thread and we'll then also edit the topic title to reflect your win and move this thread to the appropriate category in the Car Rental section of the forum.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, this was my first bidding with priceline so probably made a lot of mistakes. My goal was a compact car for Kona and I started bidding at $19/day for a midsize, thinking of going down in car size and up with the price. I ran out of options and got an e-mail from priceline a few days later inviting me to revisit the bid. I entered $29/day but somehow "Economy" was selected and I won that bid for a car from Hertz. Coincidentally, an economy car from Alamo would have been the same rate and I would have saved the priceline fees as well as could have used the damage waiver from my credit card. When the win was posted there was an option to upgrade to compact for $2/day, but by the time I had decided that I will need the upgrade the option was no longer available. All in all I estimate that going through priceline and being an inexperienced bidder will cost me roughly double than renting from Alamo directly without pre-payment. In summary, my win is:

KOA Kona-Kailua Economy Hertz

$29/day for 05/01/09 - 05/03/09

• 3 weeks later...
Did you call your credit card company again to confirm the information given to you the first time around?

I called the benefits department again, and they said that the name of the rental agency would have to be listed on the CC statement/billing information. However, only Priceline is listed on the bill, and as there is no direct transaction between me and Hertz there is no Collision Damage Waiver coverage.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]