Hotwire Hotel: 5* Vegas (Central Strip) Wynn

sydneytraveller
By sydneytraveller,
in

Hi,

I've just confirmed tickets from Aust to USA in July and will be in Vegas from the 7/7/09 till the 7/9/09 (American format (m/d/y) ie Tue till Thu) then we're off on a road to trip to the Grand Canyon Thur night returning to Vegas Friday before flying onto LA Sat evening.

As most people have suggested, I want to avoid Trump so Priceline is looking less likely.

I have checked Hotwire and they're offering 5* for approx $130 - $140 for these first dates (7th - 9th). When I check the Vegas Hotel Checker and punch in those dates for a few hotels this is what I get:

Luxor Pyramid Deluxe Room - $55 a night Total $110

NYNY Skyline room- $75 a night Total $150

Treasure Island Deluxe Room - $89 a night Total $178

Unfortunately Bellagio and Mandalay are at least twice as much as these!

These seem like very good prices to me. Am I right or am I missing something here?

I will of course, book throught the betterbidding links. I cant thank you guys enough for the help you've already provided.

I'm seeing a non-Trump 5* hotel offered on HOTWIRE for $108/nite for your dates.

If you're not looking for a 5* you can also book the MGM Grand for $80/nite for your dates... plus it includes:

* $35 Activity Credit towards dining or entertainment

* 2 VIP Passes to Studio 54 or Tabu

* 25% off Grand Spa or Christophe Salon

* 2 complimentay MGM Grand poolside cocktails

* $10 Free Slot Play

The VIP passes and Spa would have no value to me... but figuring the $35 can be used towards a hotel restaurant, the 2 drinks are probably worth ~$15, and $10 free slot play... that's a $60 value which, if you consider this as good as cash, brings your cost down to about $100 for the two nites (plus tax).

I think this option better than the other 4* hotels as i think Luxor is too far South on the Strip for my taste and i like the MGM better than NYNY. Treasure Island is a good property and i like the area too, but i think this MGM offer represents a better value than the others, if you're willing to forgo a 5* hotel.

If you do book the above please use our MGM Grand link (once there click PROMOTIONS >> SPRING FLING)... or our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links if you go that route.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

It's ironic that you mention MGM as I was considering this hotel too based on fame and recognition. I did however wonder if the hotel is ageing poorly (according to a few reviews on tripadvisor). I dont want to stay somewhere past its prime.

If however the MGM is still a quality hotel then I'm thinking I would stay here for the 7th and 8th and then pay a little more for a 5* on the 10th.

any thoughts?

I was never a fan of the property due to its size, but i stayed there about a year ago and enjoyed it a lot... granted it was just a place to sleep for me, but the room was of decent size, clean, and i enjoyed my stay.

It's not my first choice of property in Vegas (the 5* hotels are :) ) but for the right price, i'd certainly have no problem staying there again. As well, i'm pretty sure the promotion allows you to cancel up to 48 hours before your arrival (confirm this during the checkout process) so i would reserve this now that it's avaialble, then you can always look to improve upon it in the weeks/months ahead.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and our MGM Grand link if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Good advice.

I just finished booking the MGM for the 7th and 8th using the betterbidding MGM Grand link. Indeed it is a 48hrs notice cancellation so between now and then I will look for a cheap 5* but if nothing eventuates I am happy with this deal.

Only 14 other days to worry about now!

Thanks very much!

Should I put this in another thread as a deal confirmed or can it be retitled in this topic?

I've done a little bit of homework on the boards and it would appear this is either Wynn or Venetian. I am correct in assuming this? Could it be others?

Am I also right is assuming that this is a better hotel to be at than the MGM Grand for an extra $28 a night?

These were the specifics of the search:

Las Vegas, NV

Tue, Jul 7 to Thu, Jul 9 - 1 room, 2 nights, 2 adults

Thanks.

I've done a little bit of homework on the boards and it would appear this is either Wynn or Venetian. I am correct in assuming this?

Yes, you are. Both Venetian and Wynn has been reported with this amentie combo.

But my best guess for your hotel would be the Wynn.

Please use boards HOTWIRE link if you decide to go for this.

Good Luck in Vegas!

YellowDog.

PS. I have never stayed at Wynn so I can't speak for it. But Spoke to a friend the other day that has a co worker that have stayed there many times. And he said it's top notch!

Many people seems to like the North part of the strip better. MGM is located in the South corner. I do like the MGM as a hotel, It's huge! And the lions are very fun to look at. I know admin said in a recent post the he liked the 5* beter in the Nort zone better than the MGM. But I think he was comparing MGM to Venetian and Palazzo. I can't find the post right now but I'm sure he will join this one with some advice.

I've merged your threads since this is for the same stay as your previous thread....

I agree best guess is the Wynn... less than a handful of times this amenity combination resulted in the Venetian, so that is a possibility as well, but usually this combination has been the Wynn.

And for $28 it is a nice upgrde vs. the MGM Grand.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Hi,

I just won the Wynn hotel for the 9th and 10th of July at $126 a night.

Do you want to change the title of this thread or if you prefer I can create a new thread in the Vegas Hotwire Topic.

The heading should/will read 5* Vegas Central Strip (Wynn) $126 7/9/09 - 7/11/09

Thanks again for all your help with this. It has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience (and, of course, I was only too happy to use the betterbigging HOTWIRE link!)

Congratulations on your success!

No need to start a NEW TOPIC as well edit the topic title of this thread to reflect the details of your purchase and this way others can see the entire thread and events that led up to your purchase.

Glad to see you're happy with the results and looking forward to your stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]