Priceline Hotel: SF AT&T Park/BART for July 2009

cykaty
By cykaty,
in

Dates are 7/3 - 7/6/09 (3 nights). Looking for something near (walkable) to AT&T Park and BART line (will be flying in/out of SFO and hope to take BART to hotel). Hopefully we can use MUNI or trolleys to get around other parts of town. Harbor Court Hotel in Embarcadero area looks nice -- or anything else 3* and up that meets the criteria would be great. Any advice to get a room for $75 or less/night?

3* for $75 may be doable, but you may have to be patient. It might be a teeny bit low, but it's so early, it won't hurt to try.

If your plans are firm, you can start bidding now, but don't rush and overbid. Be sure to take advantage of the many SF rebid zones and try starting with 4*. Who knows, you might get lucky! Because it's July, it may be busier than now, so you might want to have a cancelable backup. Colfax (a true local expert) tells me occupancy is down these days and rooms can be had for cheap, even in the days before a big convention. Not sure if this will hold true in the summer.

The Embarcadero zone is nice and probably where you want to be, though you could consider SOMA as well. I think SOMA IS a bit noisy and less appealing, personally. Both should be walkable to the park. Also I think the F Market may go over there on the Embarcadero - it's a cool Muni trolley line that's above ground with really stylish 1920's cars. I like it almost as much as the cable car

Hope this helps, let us know if you need more info or a bidding strategy, in which I would defer to thereurare.

For BART and AT&T Park, I agree SOMA and Embarcadero are your best zones. Typically, July 4 weekend sees lower hotel rates, especially in the Embarcadero zone which encompases the Financial District. This year I would expect no different, especially given the current economy. My best advise would be to stick with your $75 limit if you're bidding this far in advance. Also pay attention to rack rates on sites such as Expedia as time goes on. We are seeing Priceline-type rates on sites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc this year due to the economy. Also, monitor specials at sites like Travelzoo.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]