Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chattanooga (Downtown) Marriott

mommyofcam
By mommyofcam,
in

Hi, we're interested in booking The Chattanooga Choo Choo. I searched Hotwire and came up with a 3 star hotel (the only one offered that was 3 start) in the downtown area. Hotel shuttle, pool, dining, internet, etc. It's listing at $45.00 a night! We're staying for several nights and my oldest son who is 6 is a train nut. It's a great rate. How certain can I be that I will get this hotel? Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Hi, we're interested in booking The Chattanooga Choo Choo. I searched Hotwire and came up with a 3 star hotel (the only one offered that was 3 start) in the downtown area. Hotel shuttle, pool, dining, internet, etc. It's listing at $45.00 a night! We're staying for several nights and my oldest son who is 6 is a train nut. It's a great rate. How certain can I be that I will get this hotel? Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Let me encourage you as a resident of Chattanooga to consider another hotel. Yes, the choo-choo is a GREAT place to visit but NOT a great place to stay for a vacation. I would urge you to consider the Sheraton Read House, Marriott, or anything else downtown that is 3 star or higher. They are currently pouring money into the Choo-Choo and it should be GREAT (after dropping the Holiday Inn brand) after they are finished.... but as of now it is just a run down holiday inn motel. Yes, if you pay more you can stay in a train car, but you can't get that on priceline or hotwire.

As a side note, if you are still wanting to book that rate I can say almost 99% that it would be the choo-choo. If you do stay there make sure to take advantage of the free electric shuttle and see all downtown has to offer. Don't miss the Bluff View art district!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

AND... since your child loves trains... don't miss the Tennessee Valley Railroad museum where you can actually take a ride in a locomotive!

Ok, I have more information....

We're looking at staying over Labor Day Weekend....

9/3 - 9/7, 1 room for 2 adults, 2 children

The amenities that came up on Hotwire with the 3 start hotel were airport shuttle, fitness center, pool, restaurant, internet, and business center. It is $45.00/night.

The other downtown was 2 star with fitness, pool, and restaurant for $69.00/night.

The last downtown one that came up was 2.5 star with internet pool and internet for $99.00/night.

We really had our hearts set on the choo choo because of our son... as the main focus of the trip is trains (well, for him anyway)! Thank you for the suggestions on what to see and I'll take more if anyone has them. Anyway, if we did stay at the choo choo we thought about booking one or two nights in a train car room through the hotel, and the other nights in a regular room using Hotwire. However, I'm really torn. I've read the reviews about it needing a lot of work... I has asthma so mildew and "old" don't work great for me. I just hate to have my son miss the experience to staying there as the complex looks neat and train car room is one of a kind. To tell you the truth, once we get settled in room though I wasn't looking forward to uprooting and repacking either.... even staying in the same hotel.

Ideas, suggestions... do you think renovations could be somewhat complete by Labor Day?

Thanks so much!

Sorry to burst your bubble but i do want you to understand you do get what you pay for in Chattanooga. If a standard holiday inn room (days inn too) will fit your needs I'm sure you will be happy. You will have NO problem going to the choo-choo on the free shuttle from any other hotel in the downtown area. The closer you get to the river the nicer the neighborhood. As you can see the choo-choo is many blocks away in an older part of town.

As for the rennovations they will not be complete by then. From what I hear this is a multi-year and multi-million dollar job. I don't want to discourage you because I LOVE CHATTANOOGA and the city is amazing. Also, I understand if you are on a budget but as far as hotels go I would pick about 10 other hotels downtown before the choo-choo. Good luck!!! There is also a BRAND new Holiday Inn express that may not be listed in hotwire just yet that is real nice! Keep us updated!

• 1 month later...

Hello, we're looking at staying in downtown Chattanooga from Wed, Sept 2 - Sun, Sept 6. It will be 4 nights.

Hotwire is offering two hotels:

3 start for $49.00 a night with airport shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, and internet.

4 start for $129.00 a night with airport shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, internet, an spa.

The important things to us is being close to the electric shuttle and having an indoor pool. We have time to keep watching but I was wondering if anyone knew which hotels there were right now?

Thanks in advance!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

As your dates of chnaged since you originally posted, are they now firm so that you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase... or do you plan on waiting anyway until closer to your travel dates? Also, the hotel quality of the properties you've inquired about are all over the map... what type of star rating are you looking for from this stay and what is your nightly budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates are firm, we've booked the airfare this week. I'm ready to commit unless there's nothing offered right now that we're interested in. We would like the downtown area very close to the shuttle with an indoor pool. I've seen $60 a night for some nice places (like the Sheraton), so that would be ideal! A 2 1/2 to a 3 star or higher is preferrable. We'd like to stay under $100/night. We have 2 adults and 2 small children.

Thanks!

The 4* is a match for the Chattanoogan Hotel so that would be our best guess for that one, but i'll add that it doesn't show in my HOTWIRE offerings when searching for 2adults/2children (only for double occupancy)... but probably a moot point since over your budget anyway.

The 3* is a match for the Holiday Inn so that would be our best guess for that one.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

Hi, just following up on my thread. We ended up booking by bidding on Priceline. We stayed 9/2/09 - 9/7/09 and bid on a 3 star or higher in the downtown area. We won our hotel for $69.00 a night and got the Marriott. It was perfect! Right on the free shuttle line and easy access to all the area's we wanted to go.

Thanks for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]