Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hotel Sax

echoch
By echoch,
in

So this is very strange.... we had booked 2 rooms at the [Hotel Sax for the previous night (3/25/09) via PRICELINE via BB...and we had won at $65/night/room.

That was weird because the Hotel Sax really doesn't seem to have too much activity on Priceline if you judge by what is on the board here and because we have tickets for a concert at the House of Blues that night, which is adjacent to the Hotel Sax.

But our friends wanted to stay in Chicago a second night, while my wife and I could not stay... They called the hotel and asked for a best rate given the circumstances, and the hotel said they were pretty booked and couldn't help...they offered $189.

by the way, Priceline had offered us an extension on our rate, something I had never seen before, but required both rooms to extend and not just one. So we had to find another way to book a room for them at a 4* hotel.

So, I coached them through PRICELINE through the BB link and they bid $65 again for the night of 3/26 for a 4* hotel...and lo and behold, they have the Hotel Sax again..

Given that there are no reports of HOTEL SAX wins that I can see between the one I last listed on March 9

4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hotel Sax / $65 ... 3/25/09-3/26/09

and given that the hotel claimed that they were "pretty full" for the 26th,

I gotta like the luck on this one...

good luck to others...

:)

Congratulations on your (friend's) success!

Very nice (and somewhat lucky) to received the same hotel... glad to see it worked out well for them!

Thank you for passing the win along and for directing them to the board's PRICELINE link to begin their bidding.

Have a great stay in Chicago!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]