Priceline Hotel: First time visiting London priceline suggestions please

CalifJ
By CalifJ,
in

First time visiting London and since I regularly have success with Priceline is London any different? Though don't generally have a week; hence, wonder if the long stay can be a negative on bidding. Lastly, when would it be smart to start as don't want to wait too long for sense of securing our plans etc. thanks in advance.... BTW what about Rome, never thought of using Priceline there, but it might be a thought....

...since I regularly have success with Priceline...

How about sharing some of your successes with the board so that your wins can help other users? (as previously requested in our reply to one of your other recent threads :) )

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi CalifJ.

You are looking to come to London during the peak Summer period and so rates may tend to be a little higher. Regular users of the Board post wins in London on a number of occassions and there are plenty of Priceline options in London. There is a general crisis within the economy at the moment so this might supress hotel rates a little further.

I always like to get started on bidding as soon as possible and as it is summer I would suggest you do so.

Please share your wins/bids with the Board and follow the PRICELINE links to help keep the site going!

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

First time visiting London and since I regularly have success with PRICELINE is London any different? Though don't generally have a week; hence, wonder if the long stay can be a negative on bidding. Lastly, when would it be smart to start as don't want to wait too long for sense of securing our plans etc. thanks in advance.... BTW what about Rome, never thought of using PRICELINE there, but it might be a thought....

As far as when to bid see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

The bidding process is the same no matter where you are bidding. For London PRICELINE can be very good, but just like in other cities, you need to be flexible in the specific hotel and location you will end up in. HOWEVER, you need to remember that star ratings in Europe differ from thos in the States (Europe is a bit more 'generous') so you generally want to start with at least a star rating higher than you typcially find acceptable here in the States, and i would advise staying at 4* or higher properties. Roms is a bit tougher as the zones are a bit larger which makes it a bit more difficult to at least have a general sense of where you will end up.

What are the actual dates of your London trip? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept? What is your maximum bid and minimum star rating?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
PRICELINE Hilton London Heathrow Airport will price go down between now and end of July or should I just bite the bullet and go for it. Same price to get Hilton Rewards $150 either way...Cheers! (And no don't want any other hotel near the airport this time, but thanks for the thoughts if that would be your suggestion!) Thanks in advance.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Regarding when to bid, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you're booking thru PRICELINE's retail product please use this link for the London Heathrow Airport to begin your booking.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may not be the place to address this, but silly me, I can't see HOW to post a new question and not just reply to an existing post. I too will be a first timer to London and have a question or two. Can you tell me where on the site I post a question, I've been searching too long!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]