Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Sea World-I-Drive South) Rosen Shingle Creek

npaden
By npaden,
in

I'm looking at hotels in Orlando and really would like to be confident that I'm booking the Rosen Shingle Creek.

It is a perfect match with fitness, pool, restraunt, business, internet and golf.

I'll be attending a conference that is being held at the Rosen Shingle Creek that timeframe and they are $229/night booking with the discounted conference rate. It is a pretty large conference so I would think that they wouldn't have a bunch of extra rooms to put on hotwire but who knows.

I wouldn't have to stay at the Rosen Shingle Creek but that would make things much easier.

It is giving me a rate of $95/night.

I was suprised on my last booking where the Wynn left some of the ammenities off the listing and I thought I was booking the Venetian but ended up with the Wynn.

What do you think the chances are that this is really the Rosen Plaza and they just left off the laundry amenity?

Thanks, Nathan

npaden,

this is a match for the Rosen Shingle Creek. So that would be my best guess. However, I don't give you any guarantee that you will get this hotel for your conference. Rosen Plaza shows a downgrade* to 3.5 so I don't belive it's that.

What dates are the conference? Have you searched at the conference only dates to compare results at HOTWIRE? Do you know if there is any block resarvations made for the conference?

I was suprised on my last booking where the Wynn left some of the ammenities off the listing and I thought I was booking the Venetian but ended up with the Wynn.

It's the same for Orlando, new hotels and amenitie combos are added to inventory.

Just post if you need any further help.

YellowDog.

Admin. downgrade per VP 17-21/5.

Hmm, thought i replied to this early today...

The above is a match for the Rosen Shingle Creeek, but just as with your Vegas stay, there are no guarantees and that 'risk' factor is the trade-off for the deeply discounted rate... it's a calcuated risk that you have to determine if you're willing to take.

With the Rosen Plaza being downgraded (thanks yellowdog) i think that takes one more viable option off the table, but still no guarantee. Also, not sure if double Queen beds is the 'standard' room at this property, but this room class is sold-out via the hotel's website.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the input. If I knew it wasn't the Rosen Shingle Creek I would probably opt for the 4* condo instead which I think is Vista Cay. I tried the dates for the conference (I'm just planning on staying 1 extra night) and it shows up the same.

Last week the 4* hotel that kept coming up was the Monumental.

If the Rosen Plaza has been downgraded to 3.5* it sure looks like it is the Rosen Shingle Creek.

No idea on the beds, the conference that I would be attending is the AICPA National Employee Benefit Conference and usually has about 1,000 attendees. I guess the Rosen Shingle Creek must be a pretty large property.

The Hotwire rate would save me over $500 on a 4 night stay. ($95/night vs. $229/night)

Decisions, decisions....

Well, I took the plunge and went ahead and booked it.

I got the Rosen Shingle Creek!!

I ended up saving $563.08 (including estimated taxes) for my 4 night stay!

($95/night + tax vs. the AICPA discounted group rate of $219/night + tax)

The only mistake I made was that I forgot to use the HOTWIRE link from Better Bidding!! :) :)

Sorry guys! I really appreciate the site and I think based on my first 2 experiences using it that I will continue to be a regular user and will be booking many more stays through your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Thanks, Nathan

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and this works out extremely well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please try to remember our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]