Priceline Hotel: 4* St Louis (Downtown) Marriott Union Station

zynnhoj
By zynnhoj,
in

Hi, i'm looking for a place to stay downtown st. louis april 1/09. i'd like 4* because it appears you can secure 4* lodging fairly cheap.

I've never used priceline before. how low should i start bidding? it also appears to be a plethora of rebid zones to use since there are no other 4*? because of this, how large should each increment be?

when i do get a room, will there be extra charges for parking, or resort charges, or anything that i should be aware of?

also, i'm curious what order i should go in - if it matters at all? it gives me 9 choices of zones, with #1 being downtown.

so, 1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4.. 1-9

then 1-2-3, 1-2-4.. 1-2-9

then 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-5.. 1-2-3-9 ?

any help will be appreciated. i've tried to read as many FAQs and help threads as i could, but i may have missed something - there is so much info!

so i came accross RE-Bidding.com and notice there is over 250 combinations to rebid at for a 4* downtown st.louis hotel. if i had the time i'm sure i could start at $1 and keep rebidding, incrementing $0.25 each time to find the lowest price for the day.. heh.

has PRICELINE ever accepted a bid when it first tells you its impossible to get such a low bid accepted?

does the strategy change at all if you are looking for 2 rooms?

Well, I think you have to be reasonable. The hotels pretty much have a fixed bottom line price as far as I understand...so starting a bid at a $1.00 would be a pretty useless effort. You can generally get a 4* downtown for $45...but that's as low as I've ever seen. The 3.5* properties are nice and comparable to the 4*'s...but don't go any lower, there are some real stinkers at 3*. Parking is always a fee...usually anywhere from $10 - $14.

At the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $56, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

first of all, thank you for all your help thereuare.

I used the PRICELINE link at the end of your message.

i secured St. Louis Union Station Marriott (4* downtown st louis) for a bid of $52 ($67.51 after taxes and fees)

i bid $40, $45, $48, $50, all were rejected before the $52 bid was accepted.

2009/04/01 - 2009/04/02

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]