Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Sheraton

Doppelganger
By Doppelganger,
in

Not bad for a 4* hotel in downtown Chicago, especially seeing as the going rate for direct booking is $239/night. I'm hoping my wife and I can share a king size bed, instead of having 2 double beds.

How big does a convention have to be to affect room availability? There is a convention of 35000 delegates from 4/21-4/24 and a convention of 16000 delegates from 4/25-4/30. Would those impact the availability of the $50-60 rooms that are sometimes available?

I'm planning to drive to Chicago, but then use public transportation once we're there. My current thought is that the cheapest parking may be off-airport parking around Midway. Is there any issue lugging suitcases on a CTA train? Any better suggestions for how to minimize transportation costs?

(btw, I did use the BetterBidding link for PRICELINE)

I would advise against driving if possible. However, if you have to, then there shouldn't be any issue lugging suitcases on the "L" train - since the train's final stop is Midway, there's certainly more than a few people with luggage on that line going to/from MDW.

$50-60 rooms are not available all that often, and are primarily seen at a few different hotels (mainly, the Hyatt) in the January-March period. $70's for a 4* in the late April period is unusually low in comparison to the last few years.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link, and enjoy your stay.

This parking lot is one of the cheapest downtown. I've never parked there myself, but the lot has become popular for their rates. The rates listed below are a bit old, and likely have changed since - you can call the phone number for current rates.

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

Congratulations on your success.... a very nice deal!

I think AaronJB answered most of the above but i'll add...

I don't know how far it is from Midway to Downtown, but if you go that route, consider dropping your wife off at the hotel (with luggage) and her check-in while you drive on your own to park the car near the airport... it makes it a lot easier to ride the train without trying to shlep bags on/off the train and up/down stairs and thru the streets of Chicago. More importantly for me, it makes my wife happier to not have to do it, which makes me happier as well. :)

However, judging by the low weekend rates at the garage above, it may not even pay to park the car offsite, especially if you're arriving after 3pm on Thursay... that would leave just one 'expensive' day of parking (Friday).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]