Priceline Hotel: Need assistance with bidding on hotels in Disneyworld vicinity

ladoo
By ladoo,
in

Hi!

I have been reading here as much as I can and digesting the information. However, I need help to bid on PRICELINE.

Also, what information should I gather before I bid on the hotels? We are two adults and one child. We need one room, preferably 3 star or higher. Ideal will be the one that has free breakfast and free parking included, with shuttle service to disney world and downtown disney. Anything I need to learn or know?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ladoo

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First thing you need to be aware of is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. In a 'family friendly' area such i this i wouldn't expect any major issues as even if you're only able to get a room with one bed, room size should allow space for a rollaway and the hotel will likely have enough onhand since they're used to accomodating familiies (vs. an area such as NYC which has notoriously small rooms and little/no room available for a rollaway). However, it's an aspect of using PRICELINE which you need to be aware of and decide if you're comfortable with. If not, HOTWIRE is an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy.

Second, all the 'wants' you listed (free breakfast, parking, shuttle, etc) are not something you can guarnatee with PRICELINE. If these are important to you then HOTWIRE may be a better option as well for if you're able to correctly identify the property before your purchase, you can know ahead of time which if any/all of these 'wants' are offered by the property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Free parking can be hard to get on a disney property. And, if you are bidding on a "resort" forget it. I've stayed at 2 resorts in WDW/Universal areas in the past 2 months and neither had free parking.

Free breakfast??? Slim chance. Unless you somehow get an Embassy Suites on Hilton/Hampton property I would not count on getting this.

Shuttle service -- that is a better bet. Anything near Downtown disney you can walk to this area and get disney buses (which are very nice) to any disney area you want.

Use PRICELINE to get a good deal -- it is easy to do with so many hotels in the area.

Thanks for the response. As long as I can get 3 people (2 adults and 1 child) in the hotel room, I am ok with priceline. If I can get my other wants (free breakfast, parking, shuttle, etc), that is great, but thats not a big deal. I am fine even if I dont get these wants.

I will be checking in on 20th April (around midnight) and checking out on 27th April.

Hope you can help me with this information. Let me know if you need anything else from me before you guide me.

Thanks.

As long as I can get 3 people (2 adults and 1 child) in the hotel room, I am ok with priceline.

See my comments in my first post above... by definition all this is guaranteed is a room that will accomodate double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, although, generally speaking, in my opinion, i would think you'll be ok with triple occupancy in this area... but it's something you have to decide if you're comfortable with or not.

If so we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... if not, then i'd suggest looking towards HOTWIRE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks once again. I agree with you that with priceline, I might be ok with triple occupancy, but still there is a little possibility that hotel might say no.

Considering this, I am getting more inclined towards Hotwire. Can you please tell me what strategy I should follow to get a nice hotel (at least 3 *), free parking, and free breakfast, if possible. If not, that's ok too. One quick question about hotwire hotels, is there a way to select the amenities I want in a hotel on hotwire site? I dont see an option.

Just curious to learn, what is the best strategy to bid on priceline. Lets say I only want a nice hotel (at least 3* again, but I dont mind 4 or even 5 * :) ), and none of other amenities I listed. I am hoping something around 50 bucks per night...

I want the hotel to be close to Disney world so that I don't spend too much time traveling, I have no idea how bad the commute there is.

I think your best bet is to look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (on this website) to see winning bids.

I just got a 3.5* in WDW for $58 per night. You can use that as a reference for your bids. Start LOW if you have plenty of time....whats the hurry??

A 3* looks to go for $50 or so.

A 4* looks to go for $80 or so.

A resort looks to go for $83-95.

I would not stay at a place lower than 3*, buts thats me.

Considering this, I am getting more inclined towards Hotwire. Can you please tell me what strategy I should follow to get a nice hotel (at least 3 *), free parking, and free breakfast, if possible. If not, that's ok too. One quick question about hotwire hotels, is there a way to select the amenities I want in a hotel on hotwire site? I dont see an option.

Start here: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

The thread above should answer a lot of your questions above, please give a read, then re-post with whatever questions you have and we'll proceed from there.

Hotwire shows a 3 star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area for 4/20 to 4/27 for 28 dollars. It has best value and low price guarantee message next to the hotel. It shows as a hotwire hot rate. Can anyone identify it?

The amenities include:

smoke-free rooms

fitness center (access to exercise equipment - an additional charge may apply)

Pool(s) (at least one pool),

Business center,

Laundry (coin-operate washer and dryer),

high speed internet (charge may apply),

golf nearby,

children activity program).

This will be our first trip to Disney world. Can someone tell me how far this hotel is going to be from Disney world. We plan to visit all 4 parks and water parks. Anything that I need to know/look out for?

Thanks,

ladoo

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Also, for future posts, just include the names of the amenities, not the descriptions, as we know what each represents, and including them just makes your post harder to read.

The HOTWIRE property above is a match for the Days Hotel Main Gate so that would be our best guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

This will be our first trip to Disney world. Can someone tell me how far this hotel is going to be from Disney world. We plan to visit all 4 parks and water parks. Anything that I need to know/look out for? Thanks, ladoo
The location for this hotel is good. Close to Disney and many restaurants in the area. I can help you with some pointers for your trip. But you have to book your hotel first so we know the zone you're staying in.
We plan to visit all 4 parks and water parks
Generaly, you have 2 "traveldays", that leaves 5 days for the parks? And you have a car? You need 1 day to "relax" at the hotel/pool/soft activity so your kid (and you) can re-charge. Disney is no vacation :) But you're going during a great time after the easter and springbreak rush.

When you do the day by day itinerary avoid to visit parks during the "extra magic hours". If the park got extra hours in the evening, got the park in the morning to avoid the "park hoppers". But it's better that you PM me your itinerary and I will comment on that by PM since this is way off topic :)

Have fun with Mickey!

YellowDog.

I have my air ticket reserved for travel to Orlando from April 20 to April 27. Now, I am looking to bid for the hotels. Can someone please tell me the strategy I should follow to bid on priceline?

Some relevant information is:

1. The City ---- Orlando

2. Zone---Disney World Vicinity

3. Check-in---20 Apr 09

4. Check-out---27 Apr 09

5. Number of rooms----1

6.Hotel quality level------3.0 star or above (preferably 3.5 star or above)

7. List of 3 hotels plus rates

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration: $103 (Hotels.com has for $67)

Caribe Royale Orlando: $140 (Hotels.com has for $118)

Nickelodeon Family Suites: $239

8. Websites rates were from

radissonorlandoresort.com

cariberoyale.com

nickhotel.com

9. Freebid Zones

a. Sand Lake Corporate Park (has 1, and 2 star hotels)

b. Winter Park (has 1, and 2 star hotels)

c. Kissimmee (has 1, 2, and 2.5 star hotels)

10.Maximum willing to bid: $55

I have not bid yet. Can you please tell me what strategy I should use.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Ladoo

Since you mention you prefer a 3.5* vs. a 3* hotel did you want to first try for a 3.5* up to your limit, then if rejected lower your star rating and try for a 3*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better hotel for your stay?

PS- that is one ugly post above :)

ladoo + Admin

I'm sorry to make this thread a bit longer :) But this is the time I usally going to Orlando, I'm going two weeks later this time. so I thought I should share some info.

I will love to try first for 3.5* (goal is better hotel)
I looked at the Walt Disney World Hilton rates in the Resort level. They have typical PRICELINE rates for your dates. I have gotten the Hilton 2 times end of April, 2007 $55 + 2008 $60. Consider to try $50 - 55 - 60 in the resort level. Before going $55 for a 3.5* The hilton is a very nice hotel if you can hit it for this kind of money.
Yellowdog: I will definitely contact you once I have my hotel booked
You're welcome to do that!

I'm sorry to interrupt the going process!

YellowDog

ladoo,

Based upon the above, do you want to try for a Resort property first? If so, what is your limit at that hotel class? (and if that fails, do you then want to try for a 4*? if so, what is your limit at that star rating?)

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]