Priceline Hotel: Bidding for hotel - Honolulu airport area

tims
By tims,
in

Haven't bid on PRICELINE prior to this and I put a bid in for a hotel in the Honolulu airport area for 07/31/09 to 08/01/09 using your link to PRICELINE. Options were 1 and 2*'s only and my bid for a 2* was not accepted. I am now going to select the Ihilani (#4) area and bid again and if that fails select the Oahu North Shore (#5) area to bid for a third time.

In these two other areas (4 & 5) the only options coming up are those for resorts and nothing else (no hotels).

If I understand correctly it's possible to get upgraded to a higher * level when selecting another area but am I right in thinking that my low bids (for the 2* in the airport area) will not even be close to getting a resort in areas 4 & 5 so I should be safe to increase my bidding for a hotel in the airport area?

thanks

In theory you're correct, but without knowing the amounts you've been beeing, i wouldn't do it as:

1) you dont' know what will/won't be enough for a Resort in one of these other areas

2) there's no reason to take any risk on this bid... you have over 4 months before your stay, so why even bother adding a 'live' zone which you don't think will be enough for a higher class property... why not just wait 24 hours and try again

I'll also ask what the purpose of this one nite stay is... will you be on Oahu for more than just this one nite? The area by the airport is not that great, and as you can see by the star levels of availablel hotels, they're mostly low quality places.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your reply - yes your right I have more than enough time to keep placing bids each 24 hours. The reason for staying in the airport area is that our flight arrives late and I wanted to get to a hotel ASAP and then leave the next morning to the area we want to stay in.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]