Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Doubletree Hotel Chelsea

kessdarln
By kessdarln,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The property above has not yet been reproted to the board, but based upon the information provided i think the Hotel Chandler is a very good match and that would be my best guess (a secondary guess would be the Bryant Park hotel but i think the former is more likely since they dont' have a Restaurant, and no Restaurant icon is shown above... while the Bryant Park hotel does have a restaurant).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

First time bidder, 4* midtown recommendations?

July 9-14, MTE, MTW 4*

I've done hotwire rooms in the past with great success Thanks to betterbidding.com. However, I am new to bidding, I would like to stay in Midtown at a 4* hotel July 9-14. Any advice on how to get started bidding? Thanks

I've done hotwire rooms in the past with great success Thanks to betterbidding.com.
We're glad the board has been helpful to you in the past, but it's somewhat disappointing that you haven't shared any of your previous purchases with the rest of the board... helping future users just have you have been helped by previous users who took the time to share their own wins. :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Which midtown zones are you willing to bid? What is your maximum bid?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

This is a new hotel, Doubletree Chelsea, not yet open according to the confirmation and the Doubletree website.

128 West 35th Street

Won for: $99 per night, 7/10-7/15. High Speed Internet, Business Center, Restaurant, Fitness

Bad news. The Doubletree Chelsea is not opening until October according to Hilton, for whatever reason Hotwire is STILL advertising at 99.00...HOTWIRE RIPOFF!!!

Hotel's web site for the new DoubleTree on 128 West 29th Street is taking reservations for May 2, 2009 and beyond.

Is this the same hotel?

If so, it looks like they'll be open for business in May.

Bad news. The Doubletree Chelsea is not opening until October according to Hilton, for whatever reason Hotwire is STILL advertising at 99.00...HOTWIRE RIPOFF!!!

I have not received a cancel notice yet from Hotwire. I will wait until I do before I make other plans. I've been shopping for months and have time to keep looking.

I had trouble with one hotel last year in another city. They charged my husband upon arrival after I had booked a hotwire room. Hotwire did the leg work and fixed it and sent my $25 in Hotwire bucks (room was only $68 for 1 night). Therefore, I think Hotwire will do something to help, possibly work out something with other DT/Hilton hotels. I don't think they will leave us up in the air.

Internally it would two separate reservations, but at check-in on the first nite just let the front desk know that you have a seprate, but continuous, reservation and ask if they will block the room for you. This is almost never a problem (better for the hotel too since housekeeping only need to 'clean' the room vs. 'prepare for a new guest') and you should be able to keep the same room... although you will likely need to go to the front desk on 'switch' day to have them officially check you out and back in again.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 months later...

Hotwire called me tonight. The Hotel wont be open in time for my July 10-15 reservations. They offered other hotels but I took a refund because I want to change my trip plans.

On the Doubletree Chelsea website, it says it isn't taking reservations until Aug 7, 2009.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]