1 room

2 adults

2 nights

pool, hot tub

3 star or better

highest bid up to - $100

Okay what do I do next?

I have the hotel list printed.

Do I check the amenities at the Hotel Websites?

I await your response! This time I want to go step by step with you.

BTY - Our stay at Sheraton Old San Juan and Caribe Hilton in San Juan Puerto Rico in February 2009 was perfect!

Can't believe we got delayed out of JFK again, arrived a day late but were still one day early for our cruise on the Serenade, since I booked 2 extra days pre-cruise.

Then we had a 7 hour delay out of San Juan for our return to NY. By then I was just numb..it was Delta again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last cruise out of LAX we missed due to Delta! It happened again due to Delta!

The Harbor view fom Sheraton Old San Juan was beautiful, balcony suite overlooking the Harbor where the ships dock. $115 per night.

Caribe Hilton view were breath taking. A perfect stay/resort after a long week of cruising. Perfect relaxation! Awesome pitchers of Mojitos!!!

Is there any place to post photos on this site! I have beutiful shots of the Carbbean, ST. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua, San Juan. Especially San Juan, the views at Caribe Hilton, absoultely stunning! AND $100.00 per night thanks to your help!!!!

P.S. - I know you will tell me this post vaca doesn't go here, but I wanted to share it with you real quick.

I have my photos up and would like to post them on the boards too.

Thank you again and again....

"Don't travel without Better Bidding" or I'm Betting you'll be Broke!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your previous stays... sorry to hear you have missed a few cruise depatures, a good testiment as to what you need to arrive at least a full day early before depature!

You can post your photos at our sister site RealHotelPhotos.com.

As far as your Boston stay above...

If you enter your address location at BackUpBooking.com you'll see the location and you can compare this to the PRICELINE zones. It appears to me that this location is part of the Cambridge zone, but there this zone also extends much further to the North and East so that you may not be as close as you'd like. There are also other zones nearby which could potentially get you closer than the Cambridge zone (should you end up in the Northeast section of the zone) but would also guarantee (in a negative way) that you're not right next to the arena either (since you're not bidding the zone where the arena is located)

You may also want to give HOTWIRE a look as the zones boundaries are different, and more importantly, you may be able to identify the properties beforehand and know exactly how close/far you are from your desired location (or if you're near a metro which will provide easy transportation... although note that the boston subway is not 24/7 so not sure how late you intend to exit the arena)

Lastly, you mention a Pool / hot Tub above, but you can't guarnatee either of these when using PRICELINE. Again, if this are needs (rather than wants) HOTWIRE can be a better option if you're able to correctly identify the property before purchase.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Well I guess I am as ready to finally move forward with a reservation.

4/17/09 check in

4/18/09 check out

1 Room

2 Adults

* The Cambridge area and also the Brookline area will be just fine.

They are both close enough to the Agganis Arena

I'd like to keep the bidding no higher than say 130.00 per night.

I tried thru Priceline.

Started with Cambridge - 4 star - $70.00 per night - not accepted

Added 3.5 star - bid up to $80.00 - not accepted

Added Brookline - bid $85.00 - not accepted

This is where I get all confused. I don't want to keep adding areas, nor do I want to downgrade lower than 3 star

What Am I doing incorrectly?

Do I just keep increasing my offer?

I am trying to stay as close to the arena as possible.

I'm going to check out Hotwire now.

I will await your response for help with Priceline. I know I am doing something wrong, just not sure what.

Is there something that I log out of the site and start all over again ???????/

I would really love to target thge Hyatt Regency Cambridge.

The beds sound dreamy and the view is a plus too.

If you can guide me there, that would be great!

Liz

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Yellowdog.

You could bid the copley square zone. There have been reported wins (from me and many others,,, and im actually here now) of wins of the Copley Square Mariott for $65. BU is an easy 20 minute greenline trip out from the copley station. Otherwise, the "Brookline" zone is within a 10 minute walk. Some of the cambridge hotels are a 20-30 minute walk to the arena

Priceline Win - Marriott Cambridge $125.00 per night, not bad at all.

I am very happy with this rate, hotel and location.

Thanks for your help once again!

Liz

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]