Hotwire Hotel: My feedback from Florida

Nat22
By Nat22,
in

Hi,

I am back and rather happy... more with Hotwire (I am getting addicted :) ) than with the last hotel.

First I spent 2 nights in la Quinta Inn, but guess what? there are 2 with the same name, almost the same location, a hell to find at night. Got lost both nights, even the locals didn't know about it.

Anyway I got there, a nice hotel, and the person in charge at night ( a bit TOO nice, to an inappropriate point) put me in a big suite. Very clean and comfortable, but cold atmosphere, not a single picture on the walls nor any decoration, no dining table nor chairs). The breakfast was... well, at least it was a breakfast before getting to my activities.

Then at the end of my stay, I checked in the Best Western in Hallandale. I had called it before leaving for my trip, as I always do, to ask for a quiet room and some questions. On the phone the person was not too pleasant. When I arrived, no room was requested and there was only one, directly on the Highway. They provide ear plugs, which I have never been able to use :) .

Then the receptionist says, there is a problem, your credit card is not valid. Strange, I booked the previous hotel with it (and Hotwire also) as well as my car (with Priceline). He wanted to charge me for the night THEN solve the problem. THANKS to Hotwire. He accepted to call them, and the person in charge solved it quickly. My card was valid of course.

I was exhausted after 1,000 miles in 5 days, cold, so I turned the heating on. There is only a very thin blanket on the bed, and no comforter. Otherwise it was the most luxurious room I had in ages, well furnished, perfect. But at around 4 am, I woke up, a cold air was blowing from the heater. I tried to fix it but it was impossible. I put a sweater on, but was still freezing. It was that or the cars speeding on the highway, so anyway no sleep. When I got up (around 6 am for my flight), I went to comment it to the receptionist. She says "Florida is a warm state, here we use A/C no heating" :o In other words they did it on purpose. SO I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT although the breakfast also was good. Why are they so unpleasant, and why do they offer heating if they don't want us to use it???? :)

Thanks again to Hotwire, and I sent them the feedback on both hotels. I am going to put it on TripAdvisor too.

And thanks to you for your endless patience. :D

Thanks for the feedback...

Can you please create a NEW TOPIC for each corresponding review and post it in the Hotel Review section of the board. This will enable us to provide a link next to the hotel in the hotel list so that more people benefit from and see your review as this thread makes its way off the front page of the forum.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]