Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Capital Hill 06/21- 06/25

peeb
By peeb,
in

We are looking to spend June 21-25 in DC to do sightseeing, etc. We are a family of 4 and would prefer a 3.5* or +

We thinking of Convention Ctr/Capitol HIll

White House

Crystal City or maybe DuPont/Woodley

My question is, for the DC area should I worry about getting two beds? Am I better off using hotwire so that I can be sure to have a room for 4 of us. Two rooms is probably not an option, because this seems to be a high occupancy time of year.

We had hoped to keep it under $175, but I'm thinking that was wishful thinking.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marjie

peeb - Welcome To BetterBidding!

PRICELINE only guarantee a room for two adults. You could get a twin room, but also get a room with a queen/king bed. So if your traveling party is 4 people would I use HOTWIRE. You can search HOTWIRE for a quad room.

Please have a look at HOTWIRE for your stay and feel free to post with any question or help with ID of hotel.

Good luck!

YellowDog.

after posting I've decided that hotwire will work better for our family trip to DC on 6/21-6/25 because of the quad occupancy

I've made a back up reservation at the DuPont hotel just in case

There is a 3.5* capital Hill on Hotwire with Fitness Restaurant & Internet When I go to the Club Quarters Web site there are no rooms available but it seems that the is the only one that matches the amenities.

Any Ideas?

I'm new to this and appreciate the help.

What would be the Benefit to being on DuPont Circle rather than Capital Hill?

Thanks Again

Marjie

peeb,

Welcome to the board.

Ultimately it's a decision that only you and your family can decide if the risk is worth taking. At the moment my kids are small so i can usually 'afford' the risk... my youngest is still in a crib so no worries there, and my older one would have no problem sleeping on the floor/couch using extra sheets and bedding if we had to (and my wife understands the 'risk's too, so we're all on the same page). I probably don't have too many years left of taking the chance, as i assume once they both need a 'bed' the risk will likely be too great for my own comfort level.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Are you still seeing the 3.5* HOTWIRE property above when searching for quad occupancy (i'm searching 2adults/2children) as i'm seeing a 3.5* in this zone with more amenities than just the three above. If you're still seeing this property what is the price?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I thought since I'd decided on Hotwire that I would need to be there.

Okay its $189 a night and sometimes when I search it comes up Fitness, restaurant, internet and sometimes it comes up with more amenities....I'm confused.

Thanks again for your help

marjie

Okay its $189 a night and sometimes when I search it comes up Fitness, restaurant, internet and sometimes it comes up with more amenities....I'm confused.

What are the full list of amenities when it comes up with more?

Both the Liaison and the Hyatt Regency have the 5 amenities above so this could be either, but i believe the Hyatt is more likely in this situation.

As well, when only 3 amenities are shown, it could be one of the above showing fewer amenities than it has previously been reported with OR the Club Quarters has been seen with just these three amenities so that is another possibility as well.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

Okay our dates are now 06/28 to 07/02. We are still 2 adults and 2 children and would like to stay in a 3 star or better on capitol hill. So today I found a 4 star on capitol hill for $159 but the amenities are fittness pool restaurant business center and hi speed access. Any ideas what hotel this is as it doesn't seem to match anything on the list.

Also, I'm still waffling if I should book now or wait another week or two to see if rates go down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marjie

Currently when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/2children, i see a 3.5* in this zone with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet, Business, Tennis and a Tripadisor rating of 3.5 out of 5 based on 200+ reviews... do you currently see this property? If so (or not) is there any TA info on the property you're currently seeing?

• 2 weeks later...
Currently when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/2children, i see a 3.5* in this zone with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet, Business, Tennis and a Tripadisor rating of 3.5 out of 5 based on 200+ reviews... do you currently see this property? If so (or not) is there any TA info on the property you're currently seeing?

yes I see that one and I think that one is at $175. I may just have to quit trying to get lower and book it and move on before it gets worse. Thanks for all your help and patience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]