Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Nashville (Airport BNA) Country Inn and Suites Nashville East

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

I want 2.5* or better in the downtown/Vanderbilt area for March 27-29. I noted that the regions of North, West, and South Nashville only have 2* or less available, so wrote those down for rebid zones.

Yesterday I started my bidding at $32 in downtown only and was rejected. I had to leave so didn't mess with it any more yesterday.

Just now I tried a few more bids with my rebid zones and all were rejected (all for 2.5* or higher):

$36 - downtown

$40 - downtown and West

$44 - downtown, West, and North

$48 - downtown, West, North, and South

Any Nashville-ians aware of something going on that weekend that would have hotels booked up? I realize I am being cheap but have successfully bought this level of hotel at this price in lots of different cities.

I might try again at $55 tomorrow but that would be my upper limit. Next step would be either to suck it up at a 2*, or maybe look for something around the airport, but would much rather be downtown.

We dont' see too much bidding at the 2.5* level in this zone, but what wins have been reported, have been higher than you've been bidding.

I would consider your maximum bid and increase accordingly... then consider alternate zones.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that most people are bidding in this zone for properties LOWER than 2.5*, or higher than 2.5*? Because obviously I would take something higher. :)

Anyway, I'll try again this evening when the 24 hours have elapsed. Hopefully if I can up to about $60, I'll get something.

I was trying for 4* in downtown for early next week and had to go clear to $99 to finally get it accepted...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As you can see, your win/experience can be helpful to other users... please share the details of your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC. (include star rating, city, zone, hotel name, winning bid amount, and dates of your stay)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Usually under the "name your own price" box, if you type in something ridiculously low, it says something like "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted." When I first started bidding for this trip, it told me that at $30 but when I typed in $32, that warning went away. So I guess I thought I'd get something closer to that range.

Anyway, I'm working on it again now, will post it in a new thread if successful. :)

EDIT: Got all the way up to $60 and still rejected, seems pretty high for only a 2.5*. I've gotten 2.5* and 3* in lots of places before for only $35-45. I'm going to try the airport area instead and just drive in. Thanks for everyone's help though!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were a little flexible in your plans that you were able to change zones in order to find a good deal... airport locations are often some of the least expensive in a given area.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]