Hotwire Hotel: 5* Vancouver (Downtown West) Pan Pacific

rsaini
By rsaini,
in

I was hoping to get a 5* Vancouver hotel (Pan Pacific) as we are going to a wine festival at in the complex on 3/28/09.

-Going via the hotel website they have no rooms available

-Can't find it listed on Hotwire search

-I can see it when building a package on Hotwire Vacation for Car + Hotel

Since I live in Vancouver, I have no need/desire for the car, so was thinking of buying this and just ignoring the car altogether...I'm assuming since they would be booked seperately via the car rental and hotel company there would be no issue.

My other question is that the Hotwire Package page lists the hotel as $129 per person. Since it will be for my wife and I, is there an issue if I just list one person and have my wife join me after I check-in? (we would be doing this regardless since she won't make it to the hotel until 5, and I would be checking in around 3). I know there is an extra charge per person when you have 3 or 4 guests staying in a hotel room, but never dealt with this when it was a couple. Would not book this room if I had to pay $258 USD but at $129 would consider it.

Any help would be appreciated.

rsaini,

Did you search the hotel webiste for the same dates as the HOTWIRE package. Since there is a festival at the hotel maybe they don't have saturday C/I to break up complete wekeend bookings for this event.

Yes I did...only way it seems for me to book a room is via the Hotwire package, however it's not a deal (almost full price) if I pay for 2 people instead of the single, hence my question.

My feeling being that if it's just a couple it "seems" it would be OK, as opposed to saying 2 people and cramming in 4, etc. but in theory it's the same thing.

I posted a couple of days ago about trying to get a room at the Pan Pacific for the above date for a wine festival I'm going to...

The hotel website was 'sold out', Hotwire had a car + hotel package for this hotel for $253, and the hotel that was showing up directly in Hotwire was Sutton Place for $112 (no TripAdvisor rating)...I knew it was Sutton Place because of the 'Golf' icon

This morning I checked and same results everywhere...at about 3:30 PM today, I checked Hotwire again and the price was down to $104 without the 'Golf' icon and a TripAdvisor rating of 180+ (not helpful because Sutton Place has 189 reviews, Pan Pacific has 190). I checked the hotel website and there are now quite a few rooms available (I'm guessing that the wine festival had some rooms on hold and just released them).

Talked to my wife and decided to book and happy to report we got Pan Pacific!

Amenities listed below (and yes I used the HOTWIRE link)...

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]