Priceline Hotel: 4* Ft. Lauderdale (Beach) Hyatt Regency Pier 66

crsshiplover
By crsshiplover,
in

I am trying to obtain a night for a pre-cruise stay. I am trying to obtain 3 or 4 *, but avoid the H. Inn, so am not bidding on the beach area (although I'd love the Clipper). I will bid on downtown. Any advice on a reasonable price that time of year? Also, do you think it makes a difference on getting accepted as to whether or not we purchase the insurance? Thanks for your help.

Rates in the DT area for the 3* and 4* hotels are currently high for your dates.

What is your maximum bid? Do you yet have a back-up hotel reserved (if so, where and how much?)

Would you consider a 2.5* such as the AmeriSuites?

Let us know the answers to the above and we'll advise accordingly with a strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't thought of it in terms of what I'd be willing to pay. Probably no more than $85. I'd add the airport region if I had to.

No backup reserved. I'd probably use points at the Sheraton Clipper, before I paid much more. (I forgot to add--I need 3 rooms, so I'd have to share points, which I'm not fond of doing.)

I'm not opposed to the Amerisuites, I'd just rather stay somewhere else.

There are 6 of us, so I just don't want to get into big transportation costs, as I understand the rate on cabs is for up to 5.

Thanks for your help.

Taxi from downtown to the port is inexpensive so i wouldn't be too concerned about that.

If it came down to the Amerisuites for ~$50 (as an example) or a 3* or 4* for $85 (your limit) what would you chooose? What about the Amerisuites vs. an airport hotel?

Just trying to make sure we supply a strategy that bids in the appropriate order so that you get what you desire most.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've read good things about the downtown hotels (conveniently located to water taxi, nice, view of port, etc.) so am more interested in that than the Amerisuites.

Based on reviews of airport hotels vs. Amerisuites, probably the airport area would be my preference.

Anything favorable I'm not aware of about Amerisuites compared to the other hotels, excluding the price?

From what I know now, I would probably be a little let down with Amerisuites, but not unhappy.

Obviously, as undecisive as I am, as long as it is clean and safe, I'll be okay.

OK, when bidding 4* in this zone you have for re-bids available, when bidding 3* you have two re-bids available. If you're unsure of your re-bid zones please ask questions and/or confirm with the board before bidding.

This is how i would start:

Select 4* Downtown and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80

If the above is rejected, i would (personally) try 4* for the Beach zone before bidding the Airport. The only 4* that is known in the area is the Hyatt Pier 66 which has been a favorite of many, athough it has recently received a few negative REVIEWS (but then again i have seen an increase in negative reviews for all of the Ft. Lauderdale hotels). There is a possibility when bidding 4* that you could get upgraded to the Marriott Resort, although i wouldn't consider this likely. I believe the Hyatt Pier 66 is right on the water taxi route so that apect would work out well for you too. If you want to try this as well (and it's up to you if you'd prefer to even try this before trying the 3* Downtown hotels above), i would:

Select 4* Beach and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $85

Any questions regarding any of the above feel free to ask. If you need 3 rooms don't forget to select 3 rooms from the drop down menu.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If you follow the above strategy and now try for the Beac zone, you're starting over completely and only bidding for a 4* in the Beach zone. Given that the Holiday Inn is listed as a 3* in this zone, i don't see how you could get that hotel since it is below your minimum star level (unless it has been upgraded to a 4* which i very highly doubt as i don't recall Priceline rating any Holiday Inns in the US at a 4 star rating).

Essentially when you bid 4* for the beach zone you are most likely to get the Hyatt Pier 66, with a very outside possibility at an upgrade to the Resort level Marriott.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]