Hotwire Hotel: Is it too early to book for 6/28/09-7/04/09?

aray
By aray,
in

Hi, I've just joined forum so this is alot to try and figure out!

Myself and my husband will be in New York June 28th to July 4th.

Is it too early to book?

Hotwire is offering 4* in MTE for $139.

Amenities are fitness, food, tennis, business and wi fi.

Is this good value?

Very grateful for any help and advice.

Is it too early to book?
It's never too early. It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend/save. I have booked trips as early as 10 months in advance.
Hotwire is offering 4* in MTE for $139.
That appears to be the Barcley's Intercontinental. Please use this HOTWIRE link to make your purchase should you chose to go this route.
Is this good value?
Value is relative. BUT for NYC this is an excellent price IMO.

You may be able to win this hotel using Priceline. I would start by bidding $110. Please use this link to bid if using PRICELINE.

Have just looked at priceline for the first time. It seems more expensive than hotwire?

is this true? Or are they just the full price and you bid yourself?

Barclay Intercontinemtal gets good review on tripadvisor. Thank you for your advice

Priceline more expensive than hotwire?

is this true? Or are they just the full price and you bid yourself?
I have to point to a previous thread where you may gain more insight as to "when" is the right time to buy/bid a hotel... Please read this PRICELINE FAQ.

The prices you saw were indeed the "regular" prices. In PRICELINE follow the "name your own price" button. There is a wealth of knowledge in this site. I highly recommend you read this Priceline Bidding Tips thread.

Good luck.

PRICELINE (bidding for "name your own price") is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE... but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to have an educated guess as to the hotel you may likely receive before your purchase. So it comes down to what is most important to you... the absoluate lowest price or paying a bit more and knowing the amenities offered by the property and having a guess as to the hotel you may receive.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]