Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Kissimmee) Oak Plantation Resort

plars4
By plars4,
in

Need help identifying this 2.5* Condo in Orlando (Kissimmee)

Dates: 3/09/09 -3/13/09 (4 nights)

3 adults/no children

Amenities:

Condo

Resort

1 BR Suite

Kitchen

Free Parking

Fitness Center

Pool

Front Desk

The amenities match the Oak Plantation Resort, but that resort is listed as a 3* on the betterbidding.com Hotwire list.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? NOTE: you will likely need to click the pop-up window with the amenities, the CTRL+A, and copy/paste to a text program such as NOTEPAD or WORDPAD to see them all since HOTWIRE is missing the scrollbars from this window.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above? NOTE: you will likely need to click the pop-up window with the amenities, the CTRL+A, and copy/paste to a text program such as NOTEPAD or WORDPAD to see them all since HOTWIRE is missing the scrollbars from this window.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

It does show additional amenities after I clicked on "continue", then "see all amenities". There is a pop-up window with the list of amenities, but no scroll bar. I right-clicked on that pop-up, then selected "Print" to get the full page of amenities. There was no need to copy and paste.

Here is the full list of amenities shown from this printed list:

Resort

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equiped Kitchen

Free Parking

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

24-hour Front Desk

Laundry Facilities

Tennis Nearby

Condo

There has been a reply to this post that the Oak Plantation Resort has been downgraded to a 2.5* property, so the above amenities appear to be a match to that resort. If it is a match, the $56 Hotwire rate is a great value considering that it is $119 when booked through the Oak Plantation website. However, I am concerned about the Traveler Reviews on tripadvisor.com. They vary widely from loving it to hating it. Since it is a timeshare resort, it makes me wonder if the timeshare salespeople post some of the positive reviews.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results.

There can be a few explanations for the varied reviews... while i wouldn't put it past the time share reps to post and give themselves favorable reviews, timeshare properties often have a wide range of rooms... some of the better units at the resort may be great (and receive the favorable reviews) while other units are not well maintained and get the poorer reviews. As well, a lot of a guest's experience is based upon value... you may have an "ok" stay, which at your $56/nite may seem like the deal of the century and you review it as such... yet if you were paying $110/nite, the same experience may be a 'let down' based upon the price paid (the previous is just an exmaple, i dont' know the property too well so i'm not implying what your experience will be like)

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase and for sharing your results, enabling us to update this property in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]