Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

WPBdiver
By WPBdiver,
in

Started with a 4* hoping this property (rack rate $119) would pop up as it gave more opportunities for re-bids. Started at $52 and re-bid in $5 increments until I maxed out at $82 (6 zones to re-bid).

Then started a new bid with 3.5* at $80. Only had three re-bids now at 3.5*. Re-bid in $5 increments and bid accepted at $90. Saved only $29 off the rack rate and thought I'd do better. Given the rack rate of $119, I would think the property's occupancy rate is somewhat low. Expected to grab this for $70 range, but I guess you never really know.

Use the site's PRICELINE links for all bids.

Check-In: Friday, March 6, 2009-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Saturday, March 7, 2009-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $90.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $90.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $21.99 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $111.99 (USD)

Congratulations on your success!

As you did bid systematically you know you couldn't have done much better, so 25% savings will have to do, and isn't too bad. If using this area as a NYC substitute, we're at a point where it does pay to look in Manhattan itself, as there are 4* hotels going for not much more as well as 3.5* and 3* properties going for this price or less.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We did use this as a Manhattan replacement and I never really considered Manhattan due to the fear of getting a rather small hotel room. It's something I will consider in the future at the $90 price point. I do like the Jersey City property Hyatt as the PATH is so convenient plus eliminates the need to drive in Manhattan. Room was nice with a view of the Hudson river. Travelers be aware the parking fee at this property is $35 per night, but that's probably par for the course with the metro NY area at any hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]