Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Times Square $139

Atko
By Atko,
in

• 4 weeks later...

3.5* Midtown Central - Sheraton Manhattan?

5/6 - 5/11 (5 nights)

$119

2 rooms. 3 adults total.

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-speed Internet

Trip Advisor rating 3 out of 5. 460+ reviews. Last reviewed March 2009.

Looking for assurance that this is Sheraton Manhattan before committing. Am on a very special once-in-lifetime trip from Australia to the US with my parents and want to stay near Times Square in a nice hotel. Would appreciate your opinion on this deal and the standard of this hotel Thereuare (or any other helpful readers of this post!). I have read the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, but I wonder if some people just too fussy and whinge? This would be the most I want to pay because with the exchange rate it equates to $200 AUD per night/per room with taxes included - which is at the top of our budget. My research on Better Bidding and Hotwire suggests $119 is roughly about the lowest I can expect the Sheraton Manhattan to go for so I'd appreciate any board members comments. Thanks from down under.

The above is a match for the Sheraton Manhattan so that would be our best guess.

It's a simply "ok" hotel... it's older and shows its age, although renovated i think ~2 years ago. It wouldn't be my first choice in Manhattan, but i think the issue you're facing is that once you start searching for triple occupancy the available options go down and the prices go up!

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your thoughts. Tough decision because it looked like a good deal, but you've convinced me to continue waiting for something else. If nothing else comes up between now and our trip and it's offered again I'll take it at the last moment for location, but at this stage I think I'll wait for a 4 star property to come down in price a bit as I think that's probably what I'm looking for.

Also, I'm not actually looking for triple occupancy in each of the two rooms. There would be two people in one room, and me in the other room. Question - in the search details of HOTWIRE, I understand that entering one or two rooms can return different results, so I always do both each time. When I enter two rooms, how many adults should I enter? Is it asking how many PER ROOM, or is it asking how many IN TOTAL. When I enter two rooms, I change the number of adults from two to three (meaning three in total) or does it think like you have and think that means three adults PER ROOM?

• 2 weeks later...

G'day again. Just finishing off this topic. I wound up taking a Travelzoo offer for a 4* hotel - the Millennium Broadway, TIMES SQUARE. ($169 for May 7,8,9 and $149 for May 10. The offer didn't originally include my first night, May 6, but I rang the hotel and they reduced their normal rate for that night down to $199 for me). Deal was for 2 Superior Rooms on the higher floors and works out to be $171 on average before taxes per night/per room. Did a lot of research mainly with the help of your site and this looked to be a good deal so I took it, but I will keep checking out your site between now and then and I can cancel if a better deal comes up on Hotwire which I'll book through your link. LA (which I booked through you) and NY done, now I've just got Orlando, Washington, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Anaheim to go! Thanks for your help so far - I check the posts everyday for those areas and it's all very helpful and interesting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]