Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

mommyof5
By mommyof5,
in

We are cruising out of Seattle on May 29 and arriving on the 28th. Not much time to explore so I have planned on staying Downtown.,watching Hotwire daily for the past month.

Today there is a new one listed that does not match anything on the hotel list here. But its somewhat exciting as its only $89!!!

Its a 3.5 star.Amenities are as follows:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

I have searched tripadvisor and have gone through every hotel in the Seattle downtown area and do not find one that matches the 3.5 out of 5 Based on 120+ customer reviews (Last reviewed February 2009)

Any idea what else I could try to be able to get a rough idea of what this could be?

I do plan on using the links provided through this site as well.

Thanks so much!

I havent bid yet because it went up to $99. Sounds silly I know but that $10 makes the extra walk to Pikes Market more doable.

Oh how I wish I could get the Edgewater. My husband and I stayed there precruise in 2007. We were cruising on NCL and it was a 2 minute walk to the pier. We paid full price though (ugh) pre HOTWIRE days. Now I know better.

I think our dates in May will probably put that hotel out of the question. These are prime cruise months.

We are using Holland America this year and they have a new pier. Pier 91 which is going to be a taxi ride no matter where we stay.

I see so many wins for May for the Red Lion on 5th yet I have been watching HOTWIRE for more than a month and not once has Red Lion been an option. Should I hold out? I like the location and I also like the prices that I have seen listed on here for May. Is it possible it may not be listed again or are they a Hotwire regular during certain times.

Thanks so much for your help.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level per zone (the lowest priced one).. so if the Red Lion is going to show up, that property will need to load a rate into the system less than the current offering OR the hotel offering the current offering would need to sell-out of, or pull, their existing rate (at which point the next lowest priced hotel would be offered, which may or may not be the Red Lion)

I don't know if rates will go up, or down, between now and your stay, and i know sometimes it's tough to pay $10 more than you previously saw the hotel for, but if we're correct on this ID, that property is sellling hotel direct for $249/nite, and when you consider the savigns, holding out for an extra $10 (when this hotel could be pulled entirely) doesn't seem like a good risk/reward scenario, imo.

I'll also add that i doubt it, but there is a slight chance this could be the Crowne Plaza (i don't think so since this property has smoking rooms) but i mention on the outside chance so that you're aware... but even if this is the case, this property sells for $204/nite for your nite above, so my thoughts on the risk/reward still hold true.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well... my husband sort of took over the hotel hunting and ended up booking through Priceline. He did not know about linking through this site! So sorry about that.

I had written down the information from the Seattle Priceline Forum (poster got the Westin Hotel for $155 in May). I had it sitting by the computer. He apparently followed it ALMOST to a T. He bid only $140 though for the 3rd try and got The Westin! I guess I am thrilled. Its a little more than I wanted to spend but considering the location and the rate on the Westin website this is a really good deal. If you need any help with this ONJ20. Just let me know.

I followed another posters lead on here except gave a lower bid on the 3rd try of $140 ( I believe he bid $155)

1st Bid- 4* Downtown Seattle-Pike $90 REJECTED

2nd Bid- Added Lake Union (no 4*'s) $120 REJECTED

3rd Bid- Added Seattle Center-Space Needle(no 4*'s) $140 and BID WAS ACCEPTED!

Westin Seattle!! Hotel lists on Priceline for $289 and when you go to the Westin Website the rates are $289 to nearly $400. So this was great deal.

Shoot 'em an email and request a room on a high floor ending in 31-33. For example, 4131-4133 (depends if you need king bed or doubles) and upward. I believe the top floor is 46 in the North tower. The South tower has been remodeled recently, but the views are better in the North tower. The higher the room, the better the view. Just so you know, the Westin is in DOWNTOWN which means that road noise below the 20th floor is really bad.

They complimentary upgraded it for me. You'll love the Westin :). Let us know how your trip goes :)

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

I will do that! I wasnt sure if I they would have record yet of my reservation. Do I just use the Priceline reservation number when emailing? Will they respond so I know that they have received my request?

We will be landing in Seattle at noon that day so it will be fairly early that we arrive. Hopefully that will work to our advantage with the hotel.

My encounters have been that they are very strict with the checkin time. Usually they are ready right at 3 or a little after even. You might want to do something in the area until 3:00, but it's worth a try to check in early I guess. Yes, they will respond to your email. Send them your hotel reservation number and you should be set.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]