Priceline Hotel: 4* Copenhagen Marriott

larrylaffer
By larrylaffer,
in

I will be bidding for a few European Hotels over the coming weeks so I thought I would share my experience with the Board. First up is Copenhagen.

Following the PRICELINE links and confirming that there is now only one zone for Copenhagen (the Airport is greyed out), I decided to bid only for a 4*. My initial bid was a little low at $70. I was counter offered an amount of $106 a night. Whilst reasonable I think I can do better with a little patience (one bid per 24 hours) and so I declined to accept.

I shall update the thread as I go in the hope that it assists someone.

Thanks for the update.

Good that you got the counter-offer so early in the game as it definately gives you some perspective and the ability to time your bids and increases.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding (and a reminder not to use the links in any emails PRICELINE sends reminding you you're eligible to bid again)

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI, I recently got the 4* Marriott Copenhagen for $97 for 1 night March 4-5. I started low and received similar counteroffers to the one mentioned over several days.

I used the priceline.co.uk site to avoid foreign currency surcharges on my credit card, so couldn't use the betterbidding.com link. Or is there one for the British Priceline site?

Hi Simath - I am not sure if there is a PRICELINE link for the British version of Priceline - thereuare - may be able to assist on that front. What I find myself doing now for US website purchases is using my prepaid US dollar card. Its handy for when I travel to the US (and avoids commissions) and is handy for when I want to use it on US sites and as such I can continue to support the site and use the PRICELINE links.

Thanks for the update though - it is really handy - i know what i am looking at now.

FYI, I recently got the 4* Marriott Copenhagen for $97 for 1 night March 4-5. I started low and received similar counteroffers to the one mentioned over several days.
Perhaps you could help other users by sharing your winning bid with the board as a NEW TOPIC?

There is only a link to the US version of the site... but given i suspect that the currency cost is less than $2-3, i'm sorry that you don't feel the information here, and what it takes to maintain, is worth a few extra dollars compared to the amount it helps you save on your hotel costs :)

What I find myself doing now for US website purchases is using my prepaid US dollar card. Its handy for when I travel to the US (and avoids commissions) and is handy for when I want to use it on US sites and as such I can continue to support the site and use the PRICELINE links.

Thanks for the update though - it is really handy - i know what i am looking at now.

THANKS!!! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is only a link to the US version of the site... but given i suspect that the currency cost is less than $2-3, i'm sorry that you don't feel the information here, and what it takes to maintain, is worth a few extra dollars compared to the amount it helps you save on your hotel costs :)

Thereuare, you are right. The information here is definitely worth a lot, so next time around, I will do as I should have done, sorry! Hopefully, larrylaffer is being helped this time, at least.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you're starting to hit the 'sweet spot' for the bids that you've recently been inching your way up.

Glad to see it's coming together for you.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]