Hotwire Hotel: Chicago Hotel Help 5/15/09-5/17/09

Knocturnal
By Knocturnal,
in

I am looking for help for booking a hotel in downtown for the weekend of 5/15-5-17. Can someone please tell me why hotel rates are so exorbitantly high for this weekend? Other than "Mayfest" and a Cubs series, I can't find out for the life of me why Hotwire is offering rates starting at $349. Priceline and other hotel sites tend to be listing rates far higher than normal, too. Some hotels I have looked into have no double bed occupancy available, either. Expensive weekend to visit, I guess? Grr...

There is a National Restaurant Assocaiation conference with 70K+ attendees... which i believe is a fairly large conference by Chicago (and most city) standards.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? What is your minimum star level? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, thank you for the information. I do see that if I decide to break up the trip, it could potentially save a lot of money. I would like to spend under $175 US, and I see that Hotwire does have some more manageable offers just 24 hours later.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]