Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Omni Shoreham

herren911
By herren911,
in

Looking for a 4* in Dupont Circle 4/6 - 4/13. Hotwire had a rate of $92/night that looks like the Omni Shoreham. Their advertised rate online was $179/night ($153 for 21 day advance purchase and $162 AAA rate).

Tried bids on Priceline (via the Better Bidding link) of $65 - 85/night with free rebid zones.

I'm comfortable with Priceline, but have never stayed in the DC area and have never used Hotwire. I wouldn't mind paying the Hotwire rate, but with several weeks until our stay I wasn't in a hurry to jump at it.

I wouldn't mind splitting the bid, but I'm not sure that it's necessary when looking at the hotel rates in the area.

Just looking for any advice that I may not have considered before moving forward.

Thanks

The rate seems pretty good for a 4* in DC for a week, so i would take the next step and read reviews for this property (they look good) and determine how well this will work for your plans... is it near a metro line that will take you where you want to go on most days?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Started via the PRICELINE link here on Better Bidding...

Tried several bid strategies up to $85 to get a 4* in Dupont Circle, including splitting the bid a couple of different ways. No luck, so we went with the Hotwire listing and got the Omni for $94/night. I'll post on the Hotwire side of things...

Started with the HOTWIRE link here on Better Bidding...

As noted on the PRICELINE posts above, I tried several bid strategies (including re-bid zones and splitting the dates) of between $65 - 85 for a 4* in Dupont Circle since HOTWIRE was advertising what looked like the Omni for $92 - 94. No luck on Priceline (about 20 bids worth).

The Omni has good reviews and the tip to join their loyalty program in order to enjoy free wi-fi makes the deal that much better.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal for a week long stay in DC, which at times can be quite expensive.

Can you please add to this thread the amenities shown before your purchase, you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]